1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's ready to watch a young team with POTENTIAL?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Are you happy about the Rockets new direction

1. No, we had a shot at Howard.

3.8%
  2. Yes, we've needed a direction for a while.

66.2%
  3. No, I don't like to rebuild

5.5%
  4. Depends on what they do from here.

24.5%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I don't know about everyone else, but, I'm extremely excited about the Rockets opening up room for the young guns. For those complaining about needing a direction, HERE IT IS.

We are young, and hopefully we'll also dump Martin at the deadline or sooner, and maybe Scola too.(although we'll need at least a couple veterans in the locker room.) Maybe we can get a high pick this year and Morey can work some magic to bring a young stud.

(This could also be called the official optimism thread.:grin:)

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

tbh, I hate rebuilding, unless we're able to contend within like 2 years.

It's just depressing to watch a team of young people my age not do well for a while.

3. conquistador#11

I think we will because we are die hards. But now, the bandwagoners and media are going to get on the organization for sucking, which is what they wanted the organization to do.

I want scola to go to the spurs or lakers.
    He has earned it. Didn't cuban want martin at one point? give us your 1st round pick in 2014. =)

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think this rebuild is going to take a lot longer than most people here are expecting. It won't be like the Thunder where they were in the playoffs in 3 seasons and in the finals in 5.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Too bad we didn't start 3 years ago when Yao limped off the court against the lakers.....like we should have.

But that's water under the bridge now. I'm ready to see what these young guys can do....assuming they fit into our long-term plans. With this front office, you never know...

If this Royce kid has as much potential as some here think, we may finally have something here that we haven't had in a long time - hope for the future.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I have no problem with rebuilding.

I do have a f'n problem with the absolutely pathetic way we've gone about it. The only positive is our draft picks. We essentially let our two possibly top-10 PGs go for nothing, only to overpay the hell out of an average PG for w**** ourselves for ticket sales. Add in the 25 mil we threw at a 3ppg/5rpg C, and we could make a comedy film from this garbage.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Making the playoffs in 2014-2015 is absolutely doable.

Hell, we might even make it in 2013-2014.

Not this year though, we're gonna suck some serious balls.

Although Lin should get us on TV once in a while (whoopie).

this x 100000

8. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I am!! Scola really needs to go though, he is the dam that is holding up our flood of 4's.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, with Dragic feeding the ball to Drummond, or Meyers, or Zeller!

Oh wait.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm excited!

Llull will be here soon (hopefully the get his buyout)
    Lamb
    Morris
    Donatas
    Asik

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yeah definitely, the Lin signing is a little perplexing, but he is young with potential. Dragic is not a top 10 PG, he had a hot streak there but he didn't over a long enough time to justify being top 10. Lowry might be, but, we got a lottery pick for him so I'm fine with it as long as we continue to go young. Definitely wasn't a flawless transition though, lol.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is exactly my sentiment.

13. Margrave

Margrave Member

We have an extremely UNBALANCED roster, there is not playing time for all of our players.

I think Morey got played, and had his hand forced - apparently he is not that much of a Wizard after all.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

If they get rid of Scola & Martin and manage to sign Lin it will have been a solid rebuild. Otherwise, it looks like a very mediocre effort by Morey.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The recent moves should def. peak the interest of Llull next summer. Obviously there is now endless opportunities for any young player to become something in Houston. Despite no high lotto picks on the roster, there still is quite a few players on the team with high upside. Lets revist this when we get closer to training camp to see who is still on the roster, and who else they have brought in.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

outside of D-Mo, i don't see much potential. possibly Lamb, but I have my doubts.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It's depressing how clueless some people are. People in the Lowry thread complaining that we aren't getting fair value for Lowry don't understand how to properly rebuild. If we got fair value for Lowry, we'd still be stuck in mediocrity. You have to strip it down, and rebuild. No one said it would be pretty, but this is what I wanted. I can not wait for the season to begin. Catch me in section 102.

18. Asian Sensation

You're going to be eating crow.

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

We don't have a new direction until we trade Martin and Scola.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I WANT LlULL NOW!!!