1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's our starting PG next season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Asian Sensation, Jul 15, 2014.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not really. Beverley's hustle and grit is on another planet compared to Lin. Also one of the biggest gripes on Lin was that he had confidence issues that caused him to not be aggressive and bring it ever night. Beverley always brings it 120%

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bev is a back up. We need a pg.

3. Remii

Remii Member

I forgot allll about Allen. So two guys came off the ball for Rondo...

I'd rather Harden worry about putting up 30 points and concentrating on defense instead of trying to run the offense. That would make Harden's job easier and put more pressure on the defense. To easy for the defense to focus on Harden the we way play now.

I would rather have Bledsoe than Rondo though or even Dragic because still would want a point guard who can play off the ball for when Harden does handle the ball (don't want him to stop completely) and Rondo can't. It was easy for them to do it in Boston when Paul or Allen had the ball because you still had two other prolific scorers on the court with him.

Awwwww my friend we agree on something.

4. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Honestly with the loss of Parsons I think Rondo can fit in well with Harden. Before if we started Lin, we had 3 perimeter guys who essentially needed the ball in their hands to be effective. With the loss of Parsons, our perimeter playmakers would strictly go through Rondo and Harden only. Both will get their touches and like Bev, Rondo is a good defender as well so I think it's an awesome fit.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Why is this even a thread?

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

So in 3 years Beverly will improve to become a top 5 defender in the league and a Ray Allenesque catch and shoot three point shooter. That still doesn't make him a playmaking distributor which was my original point that I was addressing to the other poster.

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

Surely you aren't serious.
    Ray Allen played with Sam Cassell in Milwaukee and Brent Barry/Luke Ridnour in Seattle. He has NEVER been a primary ball handler on any team he has been on.

Your reckless hating on Beverley is getting comical. You are free to dislike the guy, but at least make an attempt to keep it in the realm of logic and reality.
    To say that he "lacks ball handling skills" is asinine. There is a reason he has such a low turnover rate, you rarely see him make an errant pass, and he never losses the ball in traffic.

Furthermore, to assume that the guy won't improve after only one full season in the league is foolish. Recent history should tell you as much. Almost all of Houston's recent starting point guards: Rafer Alston, Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry, and Goran Dragic, improved during their time as Rockets. Only Lin failed to show much development during his brief stint.

Your flailing efforts to minimize Beverley's contributions and dismiss his potential seem to hint at an ulterior motive.

8. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Ish Smith will be the starting PG. We all know the starting PG position is never safe with the Rockets.

10. Asian Sensation

I never said he was the primary ball handler on any team he has been on. I said he had a larger role and had a bigger responsibility in all areas until he went to Boston and the game got much easier for him.

I do not hate Bev at all as I've already stated I'm a fan of him and his style of play but I'm not a naive fan that doesn't realize he has shortcomings. I simply pointed out things that he excels in and pointed out his weaknesses. If that's interpreted as "hate" then I don't know what to tell you. The reason why Bev has a lower TO rate is because he does what's asked of him and doesn't take risks. He's a smart player that knows his role. If he had a good Assist/TO ratio then I'd be impressed.

I have no doubts Bev will improve but he will have to improve leaps and bounds to justify starting and playing 30+ minutes on a team that's trying to contend.

I have no ulterior motive. I just want a roster that gives us the best chance at winning and I think he's better suited as a backup. My opinion only.

1 person likes this.
  11. nchan

nchan Member

Oh no, LOF and LOH at it again.

12. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Dragic or Bledsoe...

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Ish Smith

15. MaoKhan

MaoKhan Member

Canaan looked sick today

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Canaan says BOOM.

17. rocketblood713

Canaan look beasty today but I still say its my ***** PB

18. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

Lin's gone man no need to keep hating lol...

19. 34to11

34to11 Member

Follow the exchange and if I wrote anything that wasn't factual feel free to challenge it.
    Otherwise don't waste your time foolishly mischaracterizing my comments.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Canaan is good as gone. Summer league show boating means off to Phoenix he goes.