1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's our next PF ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Pretty interesting trade. Could also sub Anthony Johnson in for Wright.

Or to sweeten it enough for Atl, maybe we need to take on Claxton's contract instead of Wright/Johnson. Giving up Childress and Williams are two pretty solid young players--might need to take on their worst contract.

2. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

Good Point. Perhaps:

Atlanta Hawks

Incoming Players
    John Lucas
    Salary: $700,000 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 3.3 REB: 0.8 AST: 0.7 PER: 11.77

Shane Battier
    Salary: $5,393,300 Years Remaining: 5
    PTS: 10.1 REB: 4.1 AST: 2.1 PER: 12.05

Rafer Alston
    Salary: $4,200,000 Years Remaining: 4
    PTS: 13.3 REB: 3.4 AST: 5.4 PER: 12.99

Houston Rockets

Incoming Players
    Speedy Claxton
    Salary: $6,854,546 Years Remaining: 4
    PTS: 5.3 REB: 1.9 AST: 4.4 PER: 7.37

Josh Childress
    Salary: $2,863,920 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 13.0 REB: 6.2 AST: 2.3 PER: 16.24

Shelden Williams
    Salary: $2,952,840 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 5.5 REB: 5.4 AST: 0.5 PER: 12.39

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

WHAT?!? Have you lost your mind? Who are you? What are you doing on this board? Are you the enemy? You just take that reality talk somewhere else buddy. We don't talk like that around here. Don't be bringing that kind of language in here.

If we want to trade an old rusty belt buckle & a slightly used pair of spurs for Garnett & Kobe, then that's just what we'll do! Now, run along, before we get really upset. :D:D:D

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Horford is going to be the Hawks starting C. I don't Shelden's role changing much. He'll still be backing up the 4 and 5 on a rookie contract.

If they move a frontcourt player I'd guess Zaza. Even though they have a low team salary, they might even do it for monetary reasons, since their ticket sales are poor.

5. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

This is actually a pretty good idea, but might not work because Kobe has said he will only go to three teams and we are not one of them. So lets try to same deal, but only for Garnett.

I love it when these dreamcasts are going on, and then the person dreamcasting tries to make the trade sound more realistic (see above), and it just makes it sound more ridiculous, like: "Let's trade the expiring contracts of Sura and VSpan to Denver for Marcus Camby. Wait, they might not take that deal. Let's throw in the expiring contract of Lucas too."

Can you imagine Kiki giving a press conference with a straight face where he is telling the Denver media that he just traded Marcus Camby for Bob Sura, John Lucas III and something called VSpan? Awesome.

6. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

This struck me as funny the first time I read it, so I read it again & again & again. And each time it got funnier & funnier.

By the way, someone is reading this right now & can't for the life of them figure out what's so funny about it. Some of these posters remind me of that little girl on the Texas College Fund commercial......., "I'm serious, no, I'm really serious." :D

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I can't. Especially because Kiki hasn't worked for the Nuggets for quite a while now.

8. lil_v12

lil_v12 Member

If Darrius Rice and Kevin Pittsnogle have been tearing up the NBDL and CBA how come the rockets are not giving these guys a change instead of the Cav's. These guys seem like they can really help up out. What do you guys think?

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I was hoping for awhile that we would sign Darius Rice and give him a look over the summer and at training camp. Just don't think Pittsnoggle is every gonna be much. He's just too slow.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Scola?

Is the search over?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Pittsnoggle moves like Herman Munster.

12. kuwazawa

kuwazawa Member

scola could b the pf we've been looking 4
    but there's issues about his buyout but fingers crossed

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I guess Morey was tired of reading this thread here at CC.net so he decided to do his part to kill it.

Nice on going thread DD but now I think its time for it to RIP.

Thank you Morey! (Not for killing this thread but for getting Scola)

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not my thread, it is DaWink's......I had the Amir Johnson thread which is equally dead.

Happy Happy HAPPY !

DD

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

oops, I was so full of joy that I did not do my home work. Nice thread DW. No RIP. :D

16. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Thanks guys! ;) Maybe we can close this thread after Scola signs his contract...the wait is over!!! :D

17. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

but even more stupid....ha ha ha, Amir as our top FA target...u need some better tarot cards son

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Meet your 07-08 Houston Rockets PFs:

Scola
    Hayes
    Harris

w/ Novak and Landry in the D-League

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I know I have said this in another thread, but I think Harris is a SF. He has played all his minutes there in the summer league and done a great job. Now that may be because Novak is playing the C position (scary) and Landry is playing the PF position, but regardless he did look good. :)

20. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Scola is only 6'7". Don't know if he can effectively defend Duncan or Boozer. No doubt he'll be better than Hayes at the offensive end, though.