1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's Going to Be Houston's Starting 5???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sdsurfer, Jul 20, 2002.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We've done this thread several times now. I say we do the Lakers:

center: shaq
    PF: horry
    SF: fox
    SG: kobe
    PG: the big flop

any disagreements?

2. Drex22

Drex22 Contributing Member

Here is my guess:

Begining of the season: (after the suspension)

Francis
    Cat
    Rice
    Taylor
    Cato

By Christmas:

Francis
    Cat
    Rice
    Taylor
    Ming

End of Season:

Francis
    Cat
    Nachbar
    Griffin
    Ming

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Francis
    Oscar ( I know he can prove himself )
    Kenny ( I really think he can play 3)
    Griffin
    Ming

OFF THE BENCH
    Cat
    Tiere
    Nachbar
    Cato
    Mo T
    Morris

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ming will start in no less than 50 games this season, barring injury, and possibly as many as 70. That's my opinion. WHat he brings to the table above and beyond what Cato offers is just to invaluable to leave on the bench. Having a strong bench is good, but you want your best players out their simulataneously so they can all play off each other both offensively and defensively.

I'm still also interested to see if Rudy ever goes to a Francis, Mobley, Griffin, Cato, Ming lineup. To say the least, it would be tall, and be even taller if you replaced Mobley with Nachbar for some time at SG (although I know Rudy would prefer to have more ballhandlers on the floor than less).