1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's getting traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 3, 2015.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Ok I think we all know a trade is more then likely in the mix for the rockets at the trade deadline. We've speculated who we might get but honestly of we land a decent player who do we give up?.

My guess it's gotta be T Jones. He's one of the best most trade able players are on team due to the rise of dmo and acquiring smith. I would hate to see him go but honestly he's our best prospect for acquiring a good player in exchange. Also I feel like pap, Canaan, Dorsey, terry, Johnson, shved are all up for being traded. Im hoping we can hang on to terry though. He's played good and he's a Vetern, he's got a ring and seems to be a good coaching player for the younger people. I always see him talking and verbally letting players know stuff while he's playing.

2. thejav

thejav Member

Gereld green is coming home..

3. mockster

mockster Member

Who would you Guys be willing to part with. Somone even like dmo?.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Beverly is my roommate's next door neighbor. Had to tell him that his bro might not get to shoot around with an NBA player anymore.

He did note that Bev. has stopped partying it up as much as at the beginning of the season and looked more focused.

5. Nook

Nook Member

For someone like Dragic?

Yes.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Soo...he's also YOUR next door neighbor too then?

7. mockster

mockster Member

Hmm I've felt latley I don't want to part with dmo but honestly fortunately for us we have two good PFs in t jones and josh smith. With both of them being better at defense but josh smith is iffy on offense. But jones can be a reliable offensive and defensive player once he gets more combfortable. Jeez New Orleans pick + dmo for dragic?. How would you construct it?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, not unless they were getting a ridiculous haul for him.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

My wife once met Yao Ming's mother in the supermarket and she told us a cool story too.

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

With Howard's injury issues, I don't we can trade Jones. Jones, DMo and Smith are needed in case Howard goes down with injury.

I honestly can't imagine what trade is both likely and able to improve this team. If Dragic isn't available I am not sure who the guard we could add to clearly improve this team is, and I don't know if a bench role player level guard is enough of an improvement over Terry to warrant mixing up the roster yet again.

The players most likely to be traded are Shved, Pumpernickel, the NO pick and Capela.

-- Unless of course we acquire a star frontcourt player, in which case I could indeed see Jones being included in the trade -- but I also do not think this is likely.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You'd need to get more back than just Dragic for DMo alone, the NOP pick would be off the table entirely. If you trade DMo then you have no Depth at C and no starting quality PF, you'd be making a pretty huge hole that you can't fill.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Not sure it would cost DMO and the Pelicans pick. I would probably build a package around DMO, Capela, Kostas and Terry for Dragic. I would use the Pelicans pick to bring in another PF/C.

13. mockster

mockster Member

Yes this would only work if we acquiring somone who's pretty good. I feel like jones is good enough and showed last season he was good. He just needs to play very well throughout this extent. But dmo may be an opition to.

14. Houston288South

I may be in the minority, but I do NOT want to trade D-Mo. This kid has improved and I think he's ceiling is high. He's our only post player who has some legit post moves. KEEP D-Mo!

15. Houston288South

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I wonder if LosPollosHermanos' roomate's roomate is actually LosPollosHermanos?

2 people like this.
  17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Are freaking serous for a rental player?

Dragic value is pretty low right now I would not even trade Dmo straight up, when we can get Dragic as a FA.

Yes Houston have a lot of PF, but so are the Suns with all their PG.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets would get more than Dragic if the Pelicans pick is in play. Not sure if it would be separate deals or one three way. Jones & Smith can probably fill a lot of the hole at PF, especially if they get another rotation big.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Prepare for no one to be traded.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets cannot get Dragic in free agency.

Any deal with Dragic would be after speaking to his agent.