1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's Better

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houstone, May 31, 2001.

1. Houstone

Houstone Member

Among Young point guards, Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, Steve Francis.

2. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Francis, without question. Steve has an all around game, although his D could use a little improvemet. Shooting, scoring, passing, rebounding, he does it all. And besides all that, he's explosive, quick off the dribble with great ball-handling skills. Marbury made the All-Star team, but I don't think he's a smart player; too selfish. B. Davis came into his own this postseason, but is slow footed on defense and can't knock down his jump with any consistency. Franchise is going to be something special.

------------------
    the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I disagree. At this stage in their respective careers, I would grade them Marbury, Francis, Davis in that order. Long term I think Steve will be better, but I don't think he's on Marbury's level yet.

I hate hearing how Marbury is such a selfish player...the guy had nearly eight assists a game to go along with his 24 ppg. I know assists aren't the TOTAL measure of a player's selfishness, but they are a good indication. I think the guy is the best point guard in the league right now. Statistically he's got both Francis and Davis beat. For now. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

5. Franchisedream

I have to agree that long term I would pick Steve Francis first, but going by where they are now, I would say Marbury. Baron Davis is good but still comes in 3rd

------------------

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

All you have to do is look at their teams' records. The answer is pretty obvious.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

How is the answer obvious? Baron Davis' team had a slightly better record than Francis' team, but Davis wasn't the "man" on his team and played in a weaker conference.
    I would pick Francis.

------------------

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think Freaky was referring to Marbury. I don't care if Charlotte's record is better then ours, they played in the East. If they had to play the Lakers/SA/Minnesota/etc. 4 times a year, they may be below .500.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."