1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's been the greatest surprise so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slam Dunk, Nov 6, 2013.

1. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

the saudi arabian prince!!

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Casspi by far. I did not think he was going to get much court time this season and that it was, well, not a bad signing, but that the guy was just bench fodder. I thought he was a 3rd string SF here for injury insurance, and that is it.

Man, I was very very wrong thus far. The guy has beat out everyone but Asik and Howard for PF/C playing time. He is lightning fast, long, a good shooter, a better passer and fits this team like he is a robot designed by Daryl Morey.

Great signing and great contract. If he keeps this up his signing will be up there with Beverley's signing as great steals by Daryl Morey picking through unwanted free agents.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Casspi was kind of expected since he was doing that during the preseason, but I would have to say Asik. I didn't expect hiim to be same player, not dug into a doghouse. The signing of Casspi in the long-haul is going to be the best pickup besides Dwight in 2013.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

no, not lin. lin has more freedoms this year than last year. I expect what he has done so far.

casspi is one on whom I didn't bet much. now he is playing a lot mins. don't see an disaster is developing.

5. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

He has the biggest adjustment to make with Howard in the line up after asik, and I guess you didn't watch the Utah game where he was the only reason we were in the game the first half.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Casspi/Garcia/Lin

7. bobotheclown

bobotheclown Member

Casspi. Almost everyone was expecting him to fail.

8. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Aaron Brooks. I didn't think he'd be on the team.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I expected Lin to get better and knew what Garcia brought to the table.

Casspi, wow, huge surprise.