1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's been the greatest surprise so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slam Dunk, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bws

bws Member

Want to note that Beverley seems to have cut down on fouling. It seems he won't be in foul trouble as much as he was last year.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's true. I didn't expect his handles to be as good as it is. But overall you could really see the Delfino comparison even before this preseason.

I just want to note that I loved Garcia when the trade happened. :)

Basically because I'm huge believer of any person capable of making 3s in this offense. And Garcia I believe will ALWAYS contribute because he's so good at getting open. That was the key. Not so much his insane percentage. That comes and goes. But simply the ability to get enough looks at 3s. That's an underrated skill and one that matches perfectly with this team.

Also his defense is pretty good. Probably overrated on this board, but still pretty good.

1 person likes this.
  3. torontoman

torontoman Member

I am really impressed with Omri. Can't say surprised though. It is funny how these things work. He came out with a strong rookie campaign and had a few strong performances in his second year in Sac and then he was basically lost in the dysfunction and chaos of two terrible teams. As an Israel(-Canadian) I watched perhaps 90% of his games in the NBA. I know that even thought the overall numbers say he was trending down for 3 years, if you go game by game and zoom-in on the situations in both Sac and Cleveland you know he was never given a real shot to show what he can do within a system with a defined role. Byron Scott didn't like him and even though he got PT at the beginning in Cleveland, he was always in competition with other young, unproven 3s. That's what happens in young bad teams where the coach doesn't know who they can trust and who should be in the rotation/doghouse. Cavs fans insist he is the ultimate scrub.Asspi, Ass fingers....and all of that. I hope he will give them the business in both games against Cleveland.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

My vote too goes to the Casspi/Garcia duo. Not so much that they surprised me, but for the atmosphere they create on the court. They have been the best medicine for the slow starts in the 1st quarter. Just funny that these two were best pals in SAC town.

I also want to give my admiration to Morey for creating a title contender within the cap. That takes an outright genius. It's going to be a slap in the face of those $20-40 mil in the red.

My second note of admiration goes to McHale, who has been able to create a really deep team with options for almost every situation playing very enjoyable basketball.

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

the PIC is RACIST!!!!

jokin LOL

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

This is hilarious!

8. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Harden for MVP year.
    Mchale for COY.

9. eomor131

eomor131 Member

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Garcia. Lin and Bev improving as expected (for me). Garcia proving even better than last year.

11. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Casspi - but not because of his 3 point shooting.

Because:

1) He can post up.
    2) He can attack on the dribble.
    3) He can create plays.
    4) He is a damn fast runner.
    5) He is a pretty good rebounder.

Awesome pick-up by Morey.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I'm not gonna lie, part of the reason I become a contrib member was to show I'm a diehard rockets fan and not DISCRIMINATED against the date I joined

1 person likes this.
  13. dxdx

dxdx Member

McHale did none of that, it was all Morey.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

Here we go again :rolleyes:

15. hahachui

hahachui Member

Who impressed me

Casspri
    Cisco
    Lin
    Beverly
    howard's defense

16. hahachui

hahachui Member

just read every comments...
    I think apart from Casspri and Cisco or lin
    Beverly should be mentioned.
    his layup, tear drop and defense is good

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Bulldog defense??? Even the announcers of the Trailblazer game saw that Lin was playing much more effective D on Lillard than Bev was. For whatever reason Bev's Offense seems to be better than his D so far.

18. Yellow

Yellow Member

All the role players, have not been impressed with Harden & Howard so far.

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol almost every post in this thread that says Lin all have 2012-2013 join dates. I noticed that, just didn't say anything.

20. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Go ahead look at my post history. Look at my very first post on GARM. Or you can pretend to be ignorant. I don't really care either way.