1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's been the greatest surprise so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slam Dunk, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

parson's d has not been good but casspi's has been worse. he can shoot the lights out but just looks clueless on defense.

2. bballjunkie281

As a Casspi fan who has followed him throughout his NBA career, I am pleasantly surprised not only by his level of play, but also by how much he seems to have added to his game. His ball handling and ability to drive into traffic is much improved, he has developed a nice and effective floater, and his court vision has become excellent. Right now he is playing by far the best basketball of his career, and I just hope he can keep up this level of confidence. If he does, he will be an extremely valuable role player for the Rockets throughout the season and in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

For me it's Dwight's rebounding. I had no idea he was that amazing.

4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

1. Casspi - Way more than expected
    2. Dwight - His defense and rebounding have been beastly

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Garcia.

He encompasses all the intangibles you could ask for. Great teammate, passionate, locker room presence and just an awesome enforcer without treading on the dirty territory. Seriously my favorite Rocket right now, and I hope this guy retires a Rocket.

1 person likes this.
  6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Casspi

How bad Parsons has been

Lin has been extremely solid/aggressive

Nothing from Dmo/Jones

7. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Can we stop talking pre-season. Those games don't count. Have you been watching Pat get burned by the person he's been defending, not to mention they score the most against his "Supposed Premiere Defense" .

I dont see 50% from 3pt range in the REAL SEASON anywhere.

8. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

The Big O of course, Omri Casspi that is;)

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Casspi surprised me. I thought we're going to miss Delfino scoring but w/ the way Casspi is playing, he has already surpassed Delfino and more. Not only that, he does MORE than Delfino. He's taller, better at attacking and better defending; better dribbing. He's just overall better than Delfino. Defino is probably a bit better in shooting but i think Casspi is not bad.

Lin's shooting improve dramatically and his aggressiveness continue attacking the basket. This is what i envision Lin to be. He put a lot of pressure on the defense by attacking. His quickness and speed improve dramatically as well.

10. Remii

Remii Member

No one else has the ability...??? Say what you want but Jeremy is a playmaker... And Parsons has nathen on him in that department. And when Harden and Lin are on the floor together _ that's enough playmakers, need more guys to be able to finish the play and Parsons isn't doing that.

11. sdkrises

sdkrises Member

Harden's defense getting even worse off of the ball.

12. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Casspi. He's been playing outstanding.

14. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Casspi by far. He is not just a good 3 pt shooter, but the guy can surely dribble like a guard. He is a keeper and should help the team in many ways. He sometimes likes to drive like CP, which I think may be a mistake. He should just catch and shoot those 3s.

15. Remii

Remii Member

I like Parsons... Well at least the playoff version. But he's in no position to be in a slump. No denying he came though in Utah. And I'm not saying he has to be benched at this point. But McHale can be giving Parsons minutes like he gives Lin.

Love the analogy btw...

16. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Lol. Yea, that previous post had me going, "what" also. Our top playmakers right now are Harden and Lin. Once Dwight learns to not get stripped down low he'll be able to contribute too. Casspi, oddly, is making UNEXPECTED passes that leads to really good shots. I'll take that while Chandler experiment with whatever he is doing right now.

17. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Dwight is worse in the post than I expected. Other than that casspi has surprised me the most.

I'm not surprised about Lin, was expecting a breakout year from him, provided he gets minutes.

Not surprised about Bev either, I think he is a great backup, but is fortunate to be in a situation where it would even remotely make sense for him to be a starter.

Not surprised about parsons. He's a mediocre talent and will continue to be.

18. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Not surprised by D12 for his ineffective post game (except the Portland game). It has been known that his post game is not polished. That is why the organization hires the Dream to coach him. But quite surprised that he is not using more of his strength - power and speed to the basket by PnR when his post game got into trouble predictably.

Parson is still a new/young player so he will play into form as the season goes. Not quite surprised by it. His Jazz game is an indication of his potential. He will have the same problem of consistency like most young/new players such as Lin or DMo. Just check out MCW and his games. He shamed the Heat in that game with huge stat and then fell back to normal. Just growing process until you are a seasoned experienced pro.

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

casspi slashing to the rim...thought he was only a spot up shooter...

disappointed in parsons

20. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Caspi's offense, Garcia's 3-pt shooting, and Lin's overall improvement.