1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whom don't you want to see go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nachbarFTW, Apr 3, 2010.

?

Whom don't you want to see leave this offseason?

Poll closed May 3, 2010.
  1. Aaron Brooks

241 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Kyle Lowry

252 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. Chase Buddinger

234 vote(s)
    47.0%
  4. Trevor Ariza

101 vote(s)
    20.3%
  5. Shane Battier

130 vote(s)
    26.1%
  6. Jordan Hill

206 vote(s)
    41.4%
  7. Luis Scola

307 vote(s)
    61.6%
  8. Chuck Hayes

131 vote(s)
    26.3%
  9. Jermaine Taylor

69 vote(s)
    13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

This makes no sense what-so-ever. He may end up being the gem of the 'BIG' trade. Think salaries, we couldn't trade him for much more than a draft choice because of his contract and the CBA. He definitely has Trade value, but he doesn't have salary value to trade for anyone that will help us more than he can, which could be A LOT.

2. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I wouldnt give up Kyle Lowry! Come on, a point guard who rebounds!! on both ends of the floor! that guy is just spectacular. Drawing fouls, drawing charges, he is incredible. He is a perfect off the bench spark. Lowry does more than his stats show.

3. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Carl Landry......oh wait a sec.... :(

4. chief

chief Member

i like most of this team,but i know we cant keep everybody..if we could package ariza with some picks..maybe would be most valuable option in a trade..i like this squad alot though..if we get rid of bud or hill were just stupid.i think them 2 have good upside and will only get better,,maybe put taylor in thier as well..i assume were keeping brooks at all costs..along with yao..and martin if hes not somehow connected to the offseason trade bait..scola witch we should try to keep at all costs..along with battier..are the workhorses of the team..and are very valuable..kyle lowry is a special player..the way he draws fouls..and should be resigned if possible...chuck hayes is is a bulldog..and hes very underated...but lacks height we need,,anderson has a nice outside jumper..jefferies.plays deffence once in awhile..hes no chuck hayes..and hilton who?...so if anyone had to go..id prolly lean towards..ariza.jefferies.hilton.anderson..+ draft picks=make something happen morey..and keep everyone else..

5. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Hey, the trade I suggested was exactly A DRAFT PICK - that we use it to move up in the draft. How can you mis-read a post of two sentences?

Besides, this is only a suggested trade. His low salary is part of his value. I always suggest we get value back. I agree, he may turn out to be an awesome player, but you can't refuse to make any trades where you're sending away somebody with potential.

6. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Scola
    Battier
    Brooks
    Hayes
    Hill
    Budinger

Chuck Hayes would be higher but unfortunately he doesn't have the size to go with his work ethic and smarts.

I was conflicted on Brooks because he is pretty special and has a lot of potential- but then there are a lot of other guys we could get that are very similar. So that would really depend on (a) who we got for him and (b) how much Brooks improves in the off season.

7. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I love Kyle for all the same reasons, but he has a major flaw in his shooting. He is a really solid backup and a great combo with Brooks

8. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Every time I see a knock on Shane, the user more often than not has, member since _____ 2010. Just an observation, but it seems the kiddies would prefer a Golden State kind of team. Youngens have no idea what Shane brings.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Scola, Brooks, Battier, Yao, and Martin

10. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Yeah, and seriously, even now, after seeing how the team does since he went out?

I love Darryl Morey's response in one of those radio shows earlier in the season when someone called in saying Shane shouldn't get playing time-
    ***ice-cold moment of silence*** "Seriously? If you don't understand what Shane brings to this team, there's really nothing I can say to you..."

11. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

the line is "if jeezy's payin lebron i'm payin dwyane wade"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qb5Q8Mo0Xjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qb5Q8Mo0Xjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

No one!

This team is tank deep talented and I hope Yao comes back in satisfying form to keep this team at high level as it was last couple of years.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I’m simply going to state the obvious… keep’em unless we better our chances at winning the championship.

Brooks, Lowry
    Martin, Budinger, JT
    Ariza, Battier
    Scola, Hill
    Yao, Hayes

Not to mention good defensive filler from JJ, who despite what people said, has been a great addition to the Rockets.

We’re missing one final key to the equation. That would be someone capable of backing up Yao. We’ll need to unload someone, and can afford to, if it means bettering the team defensively. We just need height incase the big man goes down again, which we all know, will happen at one point or another during the year.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Keep this guy at all costs:

[​IMG]

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Shane is important to the team without a doubt,but if he can be part of a package to get a star that can fit in with us,I would somewhat reluctantly trade him.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why is Yao not an option in the poll? He makes too much money for what he is on the court.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

greatest response ever!

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

None of them should go, this team is capable of winning a championship. Don't trade any, resign the FAs.

19. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I LIKE IT!! In an ideal world, I think the response is, "this".

20. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I LIKE IT!!, in an ideal world. I think the response is, "this". Not that the response "this" is ideal...too bad I can't edit my own post.