1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whom don't you want to see go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nachbarFTW, Apr 3, 2010.

?

Whom don't you want to see leave this offseason?

Poll closed May 3, 2010.
  1. Aaron Brooks

241 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Kyle Lowry

252 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. Chase Buddinger

234 vote(s)
    47.0%
  4. Trevor Ariza

101 vote(s)
    20.3%
  5. Shane Battier

130 vote(s)
    26.1%
  6. Jordan Hill

206 vote(s)
    41.4%
  7. Luis Scola

307 vote(s)
    61.6%
  8. Chuck Hayes

131 vote(s)
    26.3%
  9. Jermaine Taylor

69 vote(s)
    13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. chosans

chosans Member

I picked before reading the 3 player limit, so I picked like 5 guys, but my 3 would be:

Brooks
    Scola
    Lowry

2. alethios

alethios Member

Congrats on hitting 5K

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Scola and Ariza must stay.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Aka Ariza..

5. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Oops I read the thread wrong thought it said who do you want to see go...and I voted for Ariza... I wouldnt mind seeing him go... I have put the players into different tiers...

first tier: (only tradeable for a superstar i.e. lebron, Bosh, Wade)
    Yao
    Kevin Martin
    Brooks (I know his defense lacks but if he has team defenders battier/camby type we will be much better off)

second tier: (only tradeable for someone already proven)
    Scola (I would only give him up for a Bosh type)
    Battier
    Hill (only trade for a more defensive player)
    C-Bud (one of a kind)
    Jermaine Taylor (i like his potential and don't want to see him go just yet)

third tier (tradeable for better contract, potential, draft picks or team players)
    Ariza (he doesn't seem like a team player to me but I may be wrong)
    Jefferies (expiring that could fetch us something nice in return)
    Lowry (the only reason I put him here is because I think he is replaceable unless he can learn to hit the open jumpers that defenses give him)
    Hayes (only if we get a decent center with size i.e. Marcus Camby type)
    Harris (similar to Hayes undersized but hustles and I would only trade for someone who is a team player)

fourth tier: (trade for anything we can get i.e. not important to rockets success or identity)
    Armstrong
    Anderson

The reason I put Brooks that high is because something the rockets lacked for a long time with rafer was shooting.... now that we have it I am too afraid to give that up... with Yao our guards need to be able to hit long range shots which Brooks and Martin can do...

The thing I love about our team is their teamwork, heart and hustle.... with that said I would only trade for other players who fit the same bill... Ideally I would like to see us get healthier and/or defensive minded players (if we are to make any trades)...

6. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Kyle lowry is my answer,HE'S A BEAST!!!

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I love how a guy who can play and guard Kobe Bryant is a terrible man defender.

Any ways I voted for Hill. He's a top 10 pick and has shown his flashes so i'd hang onto him. Everyone else has a price they can be traded for to me...a high price though for some.

8. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have never seem him do anything special on Kobe. Me and some of my Denver buddies watched him get abused by carmelo, over and over and over.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Brooks
    Scola
    Budinger
    Hill
    Lowry

Gone
    Yao: washedup and injury prone
    Ariza: budinger should take his minutes

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Must save................. Budinger, Taylor, Hill
    Should save............... Ariza, Brooks & Lowry
    Might save ........... .....Scola
    Possibly might save.....Hayes & Battier........... Could very likely trade............Anderson etc.:p

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

My list goes like this: (in this order)

1. Scola
    2. Brooks
    3. Hayes
    4. Lowry
    5. Hill
    6. Budinger

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Um....no one?

14. Apps

Apps Member

I hope what DM means when he says there will be a trade in the off season, he means it will involve draft picks, and not the players on this team. Really, aside from Battier and Anderson, I don't think I want any of these players to leave this team. And you're not really going to be getting too much for Anderson and Battier...

I was just thinking about this the other night when the Rockets beat the Celtics. Every one of these players is important and does something good for this team. For a second I considered Hayes to be expendable, but Clutch's thread has deterred me from that train of thought. We should just build through drafts, IMO. Keep the team--it's already decent, and Yao + K-Mart could take Houston in a more favorable direction next year.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh The ENTIRE team got hosed by Melo man.

Also yes, the Lakers games Ariza played Kobe well.

16. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Dunno about that. Ariza isn't as effective offensively as Battier was, because Battier had/has more discipline. And, Ariza isn't as good defensively.

Some of this could be how we use Ariza offensively; maybe if he had Yao behind him I'd like him more.

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I agree, but I think Hill has shown enough to have decent trade value. I.e., if DM trades him, we will get something good back in return. I think I'd trade our pick plus Hill for a #3 or #4 overall pick.

18. Champ06

Champ06 Member

That's quite a strong statement for Yao could come back strong..... I would not say Yao is wash-up. Injury....maybe.

19. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

If it makes the team better, I'll say, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!" to anyone.

20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

My picks would be Scola, Brooks and Hill. Although I'd really like viertelasiat tiering, except I wouldn't put Martin up in the top tier.

I do agree on Taylor being worth keeping if possible, especially if Martin is going to be as injury prone as he is and Taylor's defense continues to improve.