1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHOA!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by A-Train, Apr 24, 2003.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i just mean that today was the first i had heard of the death threats...we've been hearing about what it's done to their image/career for a while now...i'm not doubting they received death threats...and I'm not trying to minimize that.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd have been more impressed had they been covering each others breasts, rather than there own.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Damn, I knew I should have gotten a subscription. It's going to be an adventure for me when I buy my weekly copy EW from the Campus book store next week. I have to get my movie news and Joel Stein though, so damn the consequences.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It will be interesting to see how many guys who posted in the skank stripper thread say these women aren't attractive.

5. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Bean Go

6. underoverup

underoverup Member

Why do you guys have to beat up these poor girls after they work hard to get themselves into shape? I bet they doubled up on their doctors prescription just to look good for the cover, that is dedication.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

It could just be the power of the airbrush.

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did "Dixie Sluts" get in there? What's that about?

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

huh?

from a quick google search, this was the most direct thing i could find:

The controversy took its toll at retail, as sales of Home fell by more than 42 percent, from 123,000 copies to 71,000. The LP, which has resided near the top of the chart for 30 weeks, will slide three spots to #7.

that was the most direct correlation b/t the controversy and a sales drop and it only took them down to #7. and i believe that was 2 weeks after the grammies which followed a week when they had one of the lower % drops of any grammy nominee. the following week the 42% was bigger than most and pretty much evened them out with all the other grammy nominee album sales drops. so basically, the comments had little effect on their chart status. at least nothing that being out for over half a year wouldn't take care of. the fact that it was their 30th+ week and they were still number 7 is fairly impressive.

#29 francis 4 prez, Apr 24, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2003
  10. MadMax

somehow the #23 was sticking out in my head...maybe it's hangup with MJ or something. but the specific numbers weren't really the point of my post at all.

11. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

well would you argee that state boycotting based on speech is unpatrotic? given clear channel very close ties with the bush adminstration, the banning on their music may very well be unpatrotic. may you should think of it that way

12. drapg

drapg Member

Unless she went on some type of unhealthy crash diet, I don't even think that is the "Fat Dixie Chick's" body. Forget airbrushing, it looks like a cut and paste situation.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

When's the last time you, or any one else in this thread for that matter, has seen her naked?

14. drapg

drapg Member

hence the words "I don't even THINK that is..."

I'm not saying I know. But based on pictures I've seen of her wearing those midriff bearing baby T's, she's got a gut on her.

15. MadMax

huh?? anyone is entitled to make political donations, within certain frameworks...just because you make a donation doesn't mean you're a state actor. clear channel IS the government?? come on...that's one of the biggest reaches i've seen here. when clear channel has the right to imprison me for crimes, then we'll talk. but as long as they're a private organization subject to the laws of private organizations (and subject to the FCC, for that matter), this is not state action banning their music. that's just silly.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Let's see one.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I think the real question is "Who here WANTS to see Natalie Maines naked?"

waits until the end of time for someone to say yes

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've always thought she was the hottest.

19. drapg

drapg Member

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

To her credit, I think she may have been pregnant during their last video skewing everyones perception of how fat she really is. Don't get me wrong I still think the photo was airbrushed to make her look "appealing".