1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Would You Rather

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mac#5, Jan 22, 2009.

?

What Would You Do

1. Sign Nnamdi Asomugha

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Sign Julius Peppers

28 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Other big name free agent

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Many free agents who could add Depth and help this team

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

NO HOMO..... LOL

If you were the Texans would you rather sign Nnamdi Asomugha who is one of the best corners in the NFL... He doesnt get the interceptions but that because teams dont throw to his side... Him and Dunta Robinson Could be one of the best corner duos in the league OR....

Would you rather sign Julius Peppers who is gonna want alot of money but is well worth it... He likes to play the side opposite Mario Williams and would deffinetly stop teams from doubling any of them... Having Peppers on the team would make the whole defense better including the secondary all we would need to draft in the first is a safety and in doing that we could probably move down in the draft and add some extra picks...

You can also sign other players who would come at cheaper price and the main one on my mind is Oshiomogho Atogwe from the rams... He is a ball hawk that this team desperatley needs... He plays FS and had 85 takles 5 INT and 6 FF.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's tough to say. I think Asumougha and Peppers would have about equal impact on our defense, so I'll say Asumougha since he is younger.

3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Thats true... and you can lock him up for longer and not have to worry about a drop in production because of his age

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

In a perfect world, we'd sign Asumougha, then draft either Orakpo or Everette Brown in the first. I don't think there's anyway we're going to spend the money to sign either Asumougha or Peppers though.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I'll take Nnamdi.

Younger.... plus I think there are more good DEs in the draft than CBs..

Plus Peppers seems like he would get all pissy if we didn't contend for a superbowl right away or something...

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

That may be due to a salary cap problem.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

No homo LOL? :( :rolleyes: I dont even get that...

I'd rather have the corner and draft a DE. Outside of Tennessee, our division is pretty good passwise and I'd rather have the shutdown corner and develop the DE.

8. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Who would u rather sounds kinda homo thats why

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Seeing as though you're in the Houston Sports forum, I'm fairly certain anyone with an adult brain figured what you meant before opening the thread.

On your original question, given the choice between the 2, I'd take Asumougha way before even considering Peppers. Pair him with Dunta and you have 2 shutdown corners. If they're going after a DE, I'd rather they take a serious shot at Terrell Suggs. He's more consistent and 2 years younger.