1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather have? A healthy Yao or Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 29, 2009.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Healthy Yao

71.9%
  2. Healthy Tmac

28.1%
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Because we wall know Tmac was a complete slack against Nodickski in the playoffs right? :rolleyes:

2. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Do you realize the motivated prime Tracy McGrady is gone? He act like he has nothing to play for anymore when he's the only superstar left in this ERA that needs to play to prove something.

Yeah, I know that and you don't think injuries in the past 2 years won't effect him and his ability to play?
    Injuries slow players down, the only way Tracy McGrady will ever play like his prime again is if he takes steroids. There is no way he can recover to play like a 2004-2005 Tracy McGrady ever again.

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Damn it, tinman. Can I be greedy, and have them both healthy with some quality role players like Scola, Shane, Landry, Wafer and a healthy Deke?

It's difficult to choose, are we talking about the 25-12 dominating albeit short-lived MVP like healthy Yao, or that 28-7-7 energized healthy TMac?

But seriously, give them a few role players in 2006, they would have gone to WCF. Give them a few role players in 2007, they would have gone to WCF. Talking about untapped potentials.

None of the two are mentally tough leaders, for different reasons. But both of them are very talented and unique on their own, and in their respective position. Only if they can both be healthy, and get some support.

Can i dream that Yao develops a mid-range game in the offseason, and TMac gets his act together, do some damage together, next year? :(

4. mms

mms Member

The answer is so obvious. POR, UTA or MAV and some other teams can easily take the healthy Yao out of the game.

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea I know we most likely will never see a prime Tracy again, but the question was talking about a healthy Tracy and a healthy Tracy can play at a high level. The problem is we may never see a healthy Tracy and thats was stopping him from playing at a high level.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the question posed was...."who would you rather have? a HEALTHY Yao or Tmac?"

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Read the poll buddy...

8. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Again, I would still take Yao. A healthy Tracy McGrady is still a washed up Tracy McGrady. We seem to have a problem in this thread DEFINING what a healthy Tracy McGrady is.

Tracy just came off of micro-fracture knee surgery, little chance he will be explosive and flashy again. Not sure if the after math of his surgery still counts as a healthy version of him though.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The last time McGrady was healthy was last year at the beginning of the season.

We're not talking about next year because we have no idea how good he will be..

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This whole thread presumes that a "healthy T-Mac" is even possible. That would be like saying, "Who would you rather have, a 24-yr old T-Mac or a 30-yr old T-Mac?" No one's going back in time here, and least of all T-Mac.

I'm afraid the T-Mac we saw this year is the new definition of a "healthy T-Mac". Live with it, and move on.

1 person likes this.
  11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

has a healthy yao dominate a playoff game despite double teams tinman?

i think we're winning this series as a collective effort and not b/c yao is busting out some superhuman effort.

like it or not, tmac has done more than his part in the past few playoff series. if he played with the talent we have now (scola dominating, battier stepping up on both ends, wafer and lowry destroying dudes off the bench), tmac would have us far in the playoffs already.

but on the other end, we have yao now and we will have to hope yao eventually find a way to make an impact somehow in these playoffs b/c we're not going far without him dominating.

12. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Exactly, micro-fracture knee surgery is going to slow his athletic ability and explosiveness. We've seen the best of Tracy, a healthy Tracy McGrady died, I'm sure even Tracy himself knows that.

We've seen how bad micro-fracture knee surgery has hurt other players. Like McDyess, from what I saw from McDyess. He was like Amare Stoudemire with much better defense and rebounding and was a consistent 20/10 guy. After the surgery, it went down the drain.

With Tracy McGrady a man with no motivation or heart what so ever I don't know how he would be able to be better than a current McDyess. Because at least McDyess plays with passion and motivation.

13. t_mac1

a TMAC of last yr would probably have us past the jazz last yr if rafer alston was healthy, not to say if he had wafer, lowry, scola a year older, battier not injured..

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

So you don't think Tracy can play better than he did this year if he was healthy?

You're saying the Tracy we saw this year is what we will get even if hes healthy?

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

"My expectation is that he will be able to resume play and be as athletic as he was before," Clanton said.

If McGrady busts his ass off and rehabs this, he could still be a great player. This is as minor as it gets for a microfracture knee surgery.

Its on his non-weight bearing part of his knee.

16. astros148

astros148 Member

you forgot artest LOL

17. wadejianghe

wadejianghe Member

Anybody know what's the software people use when designing an animated play?

18. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Doctors are not a 100% right all the time, just to let you know we've seen many mistakes in the past especially with Tracy.

Tracy busting his ass off? April fools day ended 28 days ago so you are late. I do hope Tracy can come back but there is a lot of doubt that he will. Yao is the present and the future, the Era of Tracy is over.

19. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Well, people doubting him and a contract year would be enough motivation to get him to rehab and come back strong.

We'll see what happens.

20. t_mac1

the thing i can't defend about tracy is that his motivation isn't consistent. i think when we got artest, he took advantage of that and took his rehab lightly b/c he thinks having artest now will alleviate a lot of what he does and it bit him in the butt.

but with tracy, he's motivated now. he's gonna stay in chicago all offseason so i'm sure doctors and trainers will closely monitor him.

again, i don't think his career with the rockets is bright. he probably will only last until the trade deadline. but i'm sure both parties want him to play well so the rockets can get something good in return and he can get a new contract.