1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you have? Carmelo Anthony or Andrei Kirilenko?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeAleck, Mar 30, 2006.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Carmelo Anthony

85 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. Andrei Kirilenko

141 vote(s)
    62.4%
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Both players have very good talent, yet they are vastly different types of players.

Anthony is becoming a great offensive weapon. He shoots the ball at a high percentage, and can take over a game on the offensive end. He is also a very clutch player. Down the stretch, if you put the ball in his hand, good things usually happen. He is very young (22), and has great potentials. He's usually durable, but has/had some off-the-court issues.

Kirilenko is also becoming a fantastic player. His offensive is good, but not great. However, he does everything for your team. He rebounds, steals, dishes out sweat assists, and block tons of shots. He provides the energy to your team and usually take over a game on the defensive end. He's also young (25). He has no baggage whatsoever, yet he's not too durable.

So, given these two choices, who would you pick?

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It depends on the mak up of the rest of your team. For instance, on the current Rockets team AK would be a much better fit, but if you were starting from scratch Carmelo would be better.

3. Ryan Bowen MVP

Yep.

AK = Defense
    Melo = Offense

4. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

I'd choose Carmelo Anthony. Both are great talents but Carmelo Anthony is still very very young and has great potential to be one of the best in the game. Carmelo is so clutch - and what's scary is... he's still so young. If I was to rebuilt a team - I'd definately take CA over AK47. On the other hand AK47 - is a great shooter. He defends well and get MANY blocks. AK47 would be a monster on our Rocket team. Plus I like his nickname AK47... :D

Overall - i'd take Carmelo.

5. pchan

pchan Member

tough one... I chose AK-47, but that is because I like players who can block shots and steals, with a good all-around game.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Carmelo, the much less injury prone player.

7. doublegi

doublegi New Member

That's just what i want to say :D
    i will take AK for Rockets

8. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Ditto.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Carmelo has superstar potential with clutch shooting ability while AK is a very good all round player. I would choose Carmelo over him for the Rockets, move T-Mac to the 2 spot and then get a reserve 2/3 to back them up.

10. dream2franchise

I'd take Carmelo as well if i were building a team. He's become an awesome offensive weapon who i think, between him, LeBron and Wade is the best offensively.

Out of those three he has the most versatility, he can score from anywhere in many different ways, shoots a high percentage and is becoming a true clutch player. LeBron relies alot on his strength, Wade on his athleticism and more power to them. But i think offensively Carmelo is a step ahead of them right now. He's got variety plus, range, strength and athleticism and he can use alot of them to his advantage. A great scorer.

But back to the original Q, yes 'Melo over AK47.

11. dividend

dividend Member

tough choice.... i agree it depends on the team though... starting with scratch, go with Melo... adding someone to the Rockets' team, go with AK47..

I'll vote for AK47 though because he has a cool wife :D, and I hold a grudge against Melo for what he did against UT in the Final Four :mad:

12. redchar

redchar New Member

I will choose AK47, maybe He will make a record of pentagonal double in Houston :D

13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

It's called quintuple double. Trust me, if someone were ever do it in the next 10 years, it's AK.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I would take Melo in any other scenario, but a guy like Kirilenko on a healthy Rockets team could be the ultimate 3rd gun.

He would be able to handle whichever the more difficult SG/SF assignment was, which is a key weakness I believe many are overlooking. T-Mac, of course, can handle such an assignment but its certainly not ideal for your best player to have to work so hard on the defensive end on the floor when you are essentially requiring him to play 35-40 minutes a night.

Melo is the better player who very well may have not even peaked yet. I believe what you're seeing right now is the best Kirilenko will ever get. Not that that's a bad thing, but Melo still has some upside left.

15. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Melo, since he can close out games for you.

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Completely agree. Although Carmelo's durability makes me lean towards him a bit overall.

17. CG202

CG202 Contributing Member

you got the point. :p

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Chemistry wise, AK is the no brainer.

Carmelo for the main option.
    AK if I had a team like the Knicks.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

To pair up with Yao/Tmac??

AK47. I wouldnt even blink.

I have always said it and I will say it again, AK47 is the ULTIMATE Role player to team up with Yao and Tmac. You cant do any better. He fits in with the tandem on offense as well as defense AND he would make Rockets very versatile. AK47 could play SG/SF or play PF to go against quick teams with smaller lineup.

20. DoenL

DoenL New Member

Andrei Kirilenko is very good on defence....

he's block....