1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you give the MLE too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, May 8, 2010.

Tags:
?

What MLE guy do you want?

1. Brendan Haywood

196 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Mike Miller

76 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Ray Allen

170 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. Kyle Korver

47 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Raymond Felton

27 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Udonis Haslem

38 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. Matt Barnes

27 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. Travis Outlaw

61 vote(s)
    14.7%
  9. Roger Mason

16 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. Other (please specify)

30 vote(s)
    7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Ray Allen is no longer a star, but he's definitely playing above a MLE level. I think he's got two good years left in him and would be the perfect fit in our system. With Martin's injury history it'd be great to have Allen on our bench. He probably re-signs with the celtics, though.

I don't get the Haywood love. He's so overrated. Yeah, the guy's active and particularly good on the offensive boards. But he's not even as good as Erick Dampier and that's just sad. He's going to get paid way more than the MLE anyway.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who then would the great DD choose? :grin:

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We sometimes disagree, but not here. Looking at that bunch, I'd lean towards saving Les some money.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Brendan Haywood

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Has Haywood really been that bad? I never really paid attention to the Mavs after the trade deadline, but wasn't he better than Dampier, at least?

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How many of them are UFA's?

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

larsv8, maybe i'm a realist. There hasnt been 1 player since the days of dream to take less to play for the rockets. When players were getting bought and had gas left in the tank, none chose the rockets with a healthy yao. I dont see the tide of talent longing to play cheap for the rockets. Allen can take less and start for a team he helped win a title. Haywood can make more and start for dallas.

Back to what you said, if ariza,chase,or battier is traded,2 of the 3, i would take outlaw.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tyrus Thomas is a restricted free agent who can really change the game coming off the bench...

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Cuttino off the top of my head (and he did that after Dream left, unlike Barkley who signed for less also)

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Some of those guys listed will demand well above the MLE. We can thank the Blazers and their $21 million dollar for 2 years contract to Marcus Camby for that.

11. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Jesus shuttlesworth

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I doubt anyone in the league would offer him the full MLE.

I think he will pick up his player option for next season and opt in. He would do something like that.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Cat was a 2nd rd pickfor the rockets still establishing his career. He took a couple of thousands less because he could do what he wanted to do offensively and he was playing with his great friend steve. No players that were waived viewed the rockets as contenders. Whether it was barry,finley or any other avg player when they had the chance.

14. saleem

This is correct.

15. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Haywood is going to be overpaid by someone, hopefully not us. But i'd love to see Ray as a Rocket, great insurance because Martin will miss at least 10 games

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

I think Carl Landry is an option :)

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Well then technically Bonzi fits your criteria. He was a free agent and took a massive amount less. Yeah yeah save me the speech about his agent passing up the King's offer and he was forced into taking less, I know the story.

I'm just saying your blanket statement has holes. I know you're just doing your usual dogging of Yao, it's the same ole' schtick.

Wonder if we can get Ricky Davis in here, and break that streak of no happening players not coming here.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

who is the black joe johnson? chase budinger??? :confused:

20. saleem

He has already extended his contract with the Spurs. He think he would have commanded more than MLE if he were a free agent.