1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you build around: Stoudemire or Griffin?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BetterThanEver, Jan 23, 2011.

?

Who would you build around: Stoudemire or Griffin?

1. Stoudemire

5.7%
  2. Blake Griffin

94.3%
  1. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I love BG he is amazing I'll build around him cause he can still be developed even more which is crazy ..

But people are starting to overrate him which is hard BTW .. and that wont be good for his career

2. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Depends on the center you have..they should compliment each other. But overall? I'd choose Blake Griffin. Rookie of the Year and an All Star- hands down.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I chose Blake Griffin. He is developing at a very fast rate. Each month, he continues to get better. At his current rate of improvement, he will be a 30/15/5 player by the end of February.

PTS/REBS/ASTS

October: 16.7/11.0/2.3
    November: 20.9/11.7/2.7
    December: 23.0/13.5/3.9
    January: 27.2/14.5/4.6

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Of course they have a losing record.. even a rookie LeBron had a losing record on the Cavs. Stoudemire is like 27 how would you even consider Stoudmire? And The Stoud can't touch Big Blake.

5. what

what Member

Kevin love.

1 person likes this.
  6. OkayAyeReloaded

Lol @ poll results.

I noticed that too. He's is looking like he could be the next NBA great with time. Griffin is a better rebounder and passer, and will only get better with time barring injury.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why is this even a question? Both have had injuries but Griffin hasn't had microfracture surgery yet. Stoudemire is what, approaching 30? C'mon now, who would you rather build around? Dwight Howard or KG?

1 person likes this.
  8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Blade griffin, it's not close. But id pick Kevin love if he's in the discussion.

9. jae713

jae713 Member

Grifin is a monster. Injury prone or not you have to take a chance on player like him.

10. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Only reason the Knicks are winning is because they are in the East

11. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

U obviously have not watched the guy play.

12. Good Times

Good Times Member

For all the people that say Griffin isn't a team player have just not watched him play a game lately. He had 7 assist in the first half of last night's game. If anything he's too much of a passer at times when he needs to stay aggressive on offense. He hustles like no other, even in blowouts or with just a min left and the game's decided he still puts it all on the court. And he's doesn't have the attitude issues that Amare has, he's one of the most well spoken NBA players out there.

Enough of this, I'm going back to the Rocket threads.

13. thebender

thebender Member

Griffin for sure.....I am absolutely loving him....and with the Clippers building a decent young core around him I would be extremely surprised if they aren't a playoff team next year.....they nearly would be this year if they hadn't started so badly (ie. on current form).

and for those that mention his highlights....I would also choose him because of that added X factor that he adds....not only can he do the job required for the team to win.....but he can put bums on seats, create an atmosphere, and attract sponsorship dollars.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Amare as a rookie made the playoffs in the west with starbury as the leading PG. Give amare some credit now.

If healthy blake will have the better career because he is more versatile. But I feel amar isn't getting his due still.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The ONLY thing Amare would have on Griffin is defense. Amare averages a block more than Griffin. In Amare's entire career he hasn't shown much more than being an adequate defender. No one's even stopped to ask if Griffin can defend cuz its kinda an afterthought in Clipper Land that they can even stop anyone.

Amare's slightly better defense can't compensate for the overall package of potentail Blake Griffin brings. Griffin's the choice you build around

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

A block is only 1 defensive possession.

Griffin is actually better defensively. He allows only 0.92 PPP compared to Amare's 0.96 PPP.

In particular, Amare has a problem when the offensive player is isolation or spots up. He allows 0.89 PPP in in isolation, while Griffin allows 0.58 PPP.
    In spot-up situations, Amare allows 1.06 PPP compared to Griffin's 1.06 PPP.

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Hmmm, young dynamo on rookie pay scale or aging, one-dimensional allstar on superstar max contract with no knees and detached retinas . . . tough choice.

Am I being punk'd or is my sarcasm meter broken?

18. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Wow, this is ill-informed. Just because all you've seen are highlights, doesn't mean that's all he does. Just look at his basic stats:

22.8ppg
    12.9rpg
    52.2% fg%
    3.5apg

This shouldn't even be a poll. Amare is 28 and on a max contract. Griffin is 21 and already putting up way more rebounds than Amare ever has.

19. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

I think the premise of this thread misses the boat a bit. Blake is the obvious winner.

But a more intriguing comparison would be ...
    Blake Griffin Vs.

20. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

HUH? Of course that's all you see if you're only catching him on sportscenter. Watch a full Clips game, the kid can ball.