1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would get included in the playoff roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Mar 30, 2003.

?

Who Deserves the Playoff Spot

1. Terrence Morris

70 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. Bostjan Nachbar

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Jason Collier

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Tito Maddox

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. DJ

DJ Member

If the Rockets make the playoffs, which I hope they will, there is a limited amount of players that can be on the playoff roster. Posey, Taylor, Glen, Moochie, Cato, Yao, Mobley, Francis, Griffin, Hawkings and Terrence Morris are all locked for a spot. However, the other players, Maddox, Collier, and Nachbar, wouldn't get included. I was wondering that if we need a good shooter, then Nachbar should definetly get locked up. If we need a center just in case Cato and/or Yao suffers from injury, then Collier would be a lock. Remember, Collier did a wonderful job in his rookie season when Cato got injured. I even remember him playing solid defense against Shaq. With Moochie struggling, I think Maddox might be a question mark still. His defense is good but he hasn't played enough minitues to get an evaluation as yet. Maddox defense, if it is as good as advertised, would help in preventing the Van Exel's, Nash's, Bibby's, Jackson's penetrations to the hoop. This would help the Rockets overall defense and rebounding. I do not like the idea of doubling down on Nash or Van Exel to leave Nowitzki/Finley/LaFrentz open if we play the Mavs. At the same time these guards can kill you with their driving to the hoop and be unstoppable. Remember, Caroll Dawson praised the way Maddox "slides" his feet on defense. He compared Maddox to Kenny Thomas. While these guys have not made substantial contributions this year, you never know who could end up being the unsung hereos in the playoffs. Look at Raja Bell when he was with the 76ers, he made nice contributions on the defensive end.

2. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

t mo or boki they are the best .
    next year Eddi Griffin would be unstoppable like Tim Duncan and all yall haters want to trade him. Yao ming could be good in like a year or two but i see Kelvin Cato being like BIG BEN WALLACE so start CATO leave YAO BENCHED TILL HE GETS DEVEOLOPED . ALL YALL ROCKETS HATERS GO TO ANOTHER CITY.

3. Powerslave

Powerslave Member

Terrence Morris has contributed much more this year than the other three. He deserves the playoff spot in my opinion.

4. Nova

Nova Member

TMo of course. Maddox would be a distant second and Nachbar.. well no chance. TMo can play the 3 or 4, has a pretty nice shot, and can contribute a lot on D and boards. I'd rather have Maddox than Norris.. but Maddox hasn't been able to show much yet, and he could turn out to be horrible. So definitely TMo.

5. munco

munco Member

it'll probably be TMo because he gets the most minutes in the group. If you're not playing the regular season, it's almost impossible to play in the playoffs unless someone gets hurt. With shorter rotations, it's very unlikely that Tito or Boki would play.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Something doesn't look right about your poll. For one thing, you list 11 locks and Morris is one of them plus he's also in the poll. So, here it is again, corrected.

Rotation Players (9):

Francis
    Mobley
    Posey
    Griffin
    Yao
    Norris
    Rice
    Taylor
    Cato

The rest (pick 3 of the 5):

Hawkins
    Maddox
    Collier
    Nachbar
    Morris

Of these 5, I'd take Morris, Hawkins and Nachbar, with Nachbar being the 12th man. Barring injury, I wouldn't expect any of them to get playing time.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

It won't matter because non of those guys will be in the playoff rotation.

8. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

lol Im the only one who voted for Tito. I know TMo will though. No question. I voted for Tito because he is my favorite out of all of them and I think we should play him more then Mooch.

9. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you guys read that? Lord.... phsyco word is calling your name Lpya2.