1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wore a Mav on their scrotum better: Tmac or KD?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by monkeyboy32, May 20, 2011.

?

Better Dunk?

1. McGrady on Bradley

104 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Durant on Haywood

13 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Tmacs is stronger, definitely Tmac

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

McGrady's. Durant got a slight extra bump upward from Haywood's body (similar to Budinger's dunk on the Celtics) and still didnt get a pure dunk through.

It do think Durant's dunk is a dunk and not a throw-in. And he did get plenty high on his own. I'll go with McGrady's and Kevin Harlan's call.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

tmac's looked better and had more authority but jesus christ Durant had his head at the rim even with the body contact. that is insane. tmac didn't get up as high.

4. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Thats because Tmac is shorter...

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

his head was by the rim. i'm not talking about reach (which Durant also has).

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Just for comparison.

McGrady has a 42 inch vertical whereas Durant has a 33 inch vertical.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think Durant got up higher than 33 inches in that dunk. But yeah, I like Tmacs better... More power, made the 7'6"er his b****..

8. blink

blink Contributing Member

even if you hate tmac.... you have to admit his dunk was way better

ride a mav!

9. dback816

dback816 Member

DURANT DIDN'T EVEN DUNK THE BALL

His hand didn't even touch the rim

Completely no contest, Tmac's was better

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think Durant's verticals increased since his rookie season so I'm not surprised if he was higher than 33 inches on that dunk, not to mention he grew to about 6-11 as well so that definitely helps him get closer to the rim.

A lot of people talk about Lebron James, Shaq as a physical specimen, players with unique and rare combination of talents and skills. Durant probably deserves that title as well. You don't get 6 ft 11 guys with that kind of coordination and physical talent.

Speaking of that, the Donte Greene we drafted is actually a very poor man's Durant.

11. PotStu

PotStu Member

Tmac made Jon Berry fall off the bench...

if that was him?..?...

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i dont doubt that but on those particular plays Durant got higher than tmac.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

durant's dunk's harder. durant could've done tmac's dunk. but tmac, on the other hand, i doubt can finish it like durant did. reach is one reason. secondly, haywood fouled durant pretty hard and we all know tmac didn't take contact well.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

How can Durant's dunk be harder when he didn't even reach the rim? He threw it.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Durant jumped higher, but T-Mac's was a bit more "vicious".

16. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

T-Mac. Bradley's reaction says it all. He had that "oh s**t!" reaction as T-mac elevated. Plus points for riding Bradley like a donkey after.

Durant looked like he had better elevation but there was no fear in Haywood's reaction. So meh to Durant in comparison.

17. cuddie

cuddie Member

Listen to the crowd's reaction on the McGrady dunk. McGrady didn't just dunk on him, he dunked OVER him and then literally rode him on the way down.

McGrady over Bradley = 10 inch height disparity.
    Durant over Haywood = 1 inch height disparity.

That being said, Durant's dunk was disgusting. I just don't think it tops McGrady's.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nice work -- I thought that was a trick question.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Come on people. McGrady literally sent Shawn Bradley into retirement with that dunk.

I don't see people making "save a horse, ride a Mav" posters for Kevin Durant.

Not to take away from Durant's dunk -- yes, it was a dunk, and he did get more elevation than McGrady, but good Lord ... the way McGrady climbed the ladder and then rode him down was just disgusting. It's really hard to find a playoff dunk in history that tops that dunk.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KD's dunk was more difficult because the defender was actually trying to stop him. Shawn Bradley didn't even get off the ground and he turned his body into a submissive position right before contact, which added to the magnitude of humiliation. Harlan's call was also superb and captured the moment.

From a theatrical standpoint, McGrady's dunk wins. For difficulty, KD. Overall McGrady for sure.