1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will the Rockets lose to in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Jan 25, 2014.

?

Who will the Rockets lose to in the first round?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2014.
  1. Clippers

73 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Spurs

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Thunder

31 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Blazers

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Warriors

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Suns

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

LAC.

and like the Clippers, the Rockets will have had their Superstar for two consecutive playoff losses and will make a coaching change in the summer time.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Im sorry, are we facing Miami or Indiana in the first round?

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

If you read my post, you can clearly see that I mentioned OKC and the Clippers as being a possibility in the 1st round.

4. SeabrookMiglla

Are you threatening me?

This team is championship caliber material PERIOD

nobody can handle the twin Towers and harden is pretty much a top 5 player in this league. With tjones stomping people and parsons reining 10 3s per game we are unlikely to lose. I also think that jlin is one of the elite PGs in this league and is the leader of a solid bench. Bev is actually one of the most underrated scorers in the league and one of the most overrated defenders in the league. Not to mention we have the best coach in the league.

We got a shot at the title don't spoil it.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

the grizzlies of course.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I did read your post. Some nonsense about your fandom and team identity. Typical anecdotal overreactionary posts that happens after every step back during the season. Then you threw in Eastern Conference teams to try and strengthen your point.

If you believe a Rockets first round exit is unavoidable, you then are just a bad fan, period.

1 person likes this.
  7. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol man. wtf is up with this board and every single poster trying to somehow label other posters as player only fans, not a good fan, a bad fan, etc. i mean who the hell are you to judge if a person is a "bad fan?" what does that even mean? because someone thinks we're going to lose in the first round means he's a bad fan? im not speaking for him, but it's not like he's posting that he's ROOTING for us to lose in the first, he's simply saying he doesn't see it. how does that make him a bad fan? would i be the best rockets fan in the world if i thought there's no way the rockets don't win the championship this year? LOL

what makes you think we can beat the clips in the first round (the matchup if it started today)? do you think we can beat okc? our matchups w/ gs don't say much because there was no igoudala in both games. not only is he a difference maker for em, but he defends harden really well. and while SA has greatly struggled v. not only us, but other very good teams...im still not sure we'd beat em in a playoff series. it's a different animal there.

the nuggets and clips last year won like 55+ games. and both lost in the first round it's not far fetched to believe we won't get past the first round, and it definitely doesn't make anyone a "bad fan, period" to say that.

unless we're like the 6th seed facing the 3rd seeded blazers (possible), then there's a high % chance we lose in the first.

2 people like this.
  8. Entropy

Entropy Member

You need to read again, since you clearly didn't understand my post the first time. I never said it was unavoidable. I said if we had a good matchup and the other team had key injuries we'd have a shot. Does that equal "unavoidable loss" in your mind?

And you're the typical reaction of someone who cant debate the merits or otherwise of an issue and resorts to insulting someone else and giving them labels.

1 person likes this.
  9. across110thstreet

honestly, I have tried telling myself and even others here that we would have a chance vs. Clippers but I just don't see it happening as this team is constructed.

we have a better chance of falling out of the playoffs completely than falling down to 6 and beating Portland, imo.

I would love to be wrong but I feel like this thread will come to fruition in May.

and I would gladly eat crow if it doesn't.

1 person likes this.
  10. Swaggerific

Swaggerific Member

Calling it right now.

Spurs get 3rd spot, Rockets finish 6th.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol at the OP.

12. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

If the Rockets remain playing the way it is and without a scoring starting pg, I say they will lose to any one on the list. I checked the Suns because if Houston stays at #5, they probably won't face the top teams like Spurs, OKC, or Clippers in the 1st round.

13. across110thstreet

if Houston stays at #5, they would face the #4 seed, which would likely be one of those top teams or Portland.

4 seed vs 5 seed -that's how the 1st round works.

14. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

what are you smoking?

15. Penetrate&Creat

If we play OKC or LAC, it's game over. And good bye McHale hopefully.

16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Only 17 people voted for the Blazers.

FOR SHAME, you guys, FOR SHAME.

17. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member