1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will the Rockets acquire between today and Thurs Feb 19?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rogower, Feb 8, 2015.

?

Who will the Rockets trade for between now and Thurs Feb 19?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2015.
  1. Goran Dragic

34.6%
  2. Ty Lawson

14.1%
  3. Darren Collison

1.2%
  4. Michael Carter-Williams

4.1%
  5. Reggie Jackson

3.0%
  6. Jared Dudley

0.4%
  7. Lance Stephenson

0.2%
  8. Pablo Prigioni

1.1%
  9. Somebody not listed here

25.8%
  10. Nobody, the Rockets will stand pat

15.5%
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Would you really?

2. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I agree.

3. delishman

delishman Member

Progsanity!! #CodProgMan

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

You do know he is shooting like 36% from the field and like 16% from three, right?

5. rogower

rogower Member

I think Sacramento is gearing for a trade for a big name guy, and my hunch is that it will be a PG, either Goran Dragic or Ty Lawson. In which case Darren Collison becomes expendable, and Daryl Morey scoops him up for 30ยข on the dollar. Sacramento already has its big money C (Demarcus Cousins) and its big money SF (Rudy Gay). It has used its last two lottery picks on SGs (Ben McLemore, Nik Stauskas) so presumably one is kept and the other gets traded in a package for a big upgrade at either PG or PF and the other young SG stays and becomes the starter.

Who was George Karl's star PG in Denver? Ty Lawson. The Kings GM also was previously the Nuggets GM. So Ty Lawson to Sacramento makes a ton of sense, especially when you have a big spending ownership irritated with losing and jonesing to make a big move, for a big name. This works:

Ty Lawson and Randy Foye (expiring contract) to Sacramento;

Ben McLemore (or Nik Stauskas), Isaiah Canaan (or Nick Johnson), Knicks' 2015 second round pick, and expiring contracts (Kostas Papanikolaou, Derrick Williams) to Denver;

Darren Collison and Reggie Evans to Houston

1 person likes this.
  6. rogower

rogower Member

Sorry, forgot to add Darrell Arthur, here is the trade:

Ty Lawson and expiring contracts (Darrell Arthur, Randy Foye) to Sacramento;

Ben McLemore (or Nik Stauskas), Isaiah Canaan (or Nick Johnson), Knicks' 2015 second round pick, and expiring contracts (Kostas Papanikolaou, Derrick Williams) to Denver;

Darren Collison and Reggie Evans to Houston

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A fun experiment is going back out of Morey's transactions and trying to find out how many of those players did NOT come out of left field.

It seemed like every deadline it was the same cast of characters mentioned.. Monta Ellis, Igoudala/Dalembert, Caron Butler, Paul Millsap, etc. etc. This year its no different. All of your predictions really mean squat. Even Basketballhollic who claims the Rockets are about to trade for half the league is never right even if his prediction claims are ridiculous.

There really is no point in guessing, and trying to make a case for it. There is no case for it, and if Morey makes a trade there is a good likelihood it will throw everyone off.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Guys, my inside sources tell me the Rockets are going to trade Jones for Durant, lol... I really doubt the Rockets get anyone, if they do great, but hopefully they don't give up a lot to do so.

10. Nils

Nils Member

Nice ^

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh what the hell... I'll play along.

I think that random "someone else" will be Avery Bradley.

Sort of the PG version of Trevor Ariza. An upgrade defensively from Beverley actually believe it or not, and a really good upgrade offensively. Really fits in well with what this team wants to do, and solidifies the starting rotation well. Still doesn't give you much of a play-making PG, and you'd like him to shoot a little better from 3, but he's got alot of room to grow and improve.

Bev off the bench for less minutes would be fantastic for that Head-band second unit. Give less minutes to Terry so to save him for the playoffs.

12. basketballholic

I would welcome Bev, Jones and Pels pick for Denis Schroder, Mike Muscala deal.

13. Nils

Nils Member

I'm hoping for a change at our PG starter spot. Almost anyone is an upgrade at this point...it would be really great if it was someone who I'm a fan of, and who could help us win games(MCW, Collison, Deron, Calderon....Dragic and Lawson are loooooong shots). Maybe a little help from a new defensive big too.....we'll see.

14. jk103

jk103 Member

If we sign Lance Stephenson I quit. Just say no to abusers.

15. Nils

Nils Member

This works....

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8zg4c7

16. Sanity2disChaos

Thomas would be a very interesting, a low risk high reward and makes Canaan very expendable.

17. basketballholic

Verified. Morey does want Rubio.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Brandon Knight and John Henson

19. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

OMG PATRICK BEVERLY IS SO TRASH!!!!!! IVE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL YRAR ABD TODAY WAS A PRINE EXAMPLE OF THAT. 2!?!?!?, REALLY *****?!?!?!? 2 ****ING POINTS? THIS DUDES GOTTA GO, IF HES ONLY GIVING YOU THAT AS A STARTER THAN YOUR BETTER OFF STARTING CANAAN OR JOHNSON WHO COULD GIVE YOU THE SAME ****ING PRODUCTION IF NOT BETTER. **** YOU BEVERLY, TAKEVYOUR SORRY ASS TALETS TO EUROPE ALONG WITH ARIZAS ASS TOO ****ING GARBAGE ASS PLAYERS

20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I really want Rubio.

But Dragic or Lawson or Michael Williams would be awesome too.

Any of these 3, please.

But without giving up any of our main players! =/