1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will the Rockets acquire between today and Thurs Feb 19?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rogower, Feb 8, 2015.

?

Who will the Rockets trade for between now and Thurs Feb 19?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2015.
  1. Goran Dragic

34.6%
  2. Ty Lawson

14.1%
  3. Darren Collison

1.2%
  4. Michael Carter-Williams

4.1%
  5. Reggie Jackson

3.0%
  6. Jared Dudley

0.4%
  7. Lance Stephenson

0.2%
  8. Pablo Prigioni

1.1%
  9. Somebody not listed here

25.8%
  10. Nobody, the Rockets will stand pat

15.5%
  1. PeteChilcutBoss

PeteChilcutBoss New Member

First posts on here, but I have read these threads for years and I am a die hard Rockets fan. Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I think there has been a deal in place for goran for a while now. They are waiting for the 18th so svhed can be included. The reason I think this (and its pure speculation on my part) is a while back okc had all but acquired Brooks Lopez from the Nets when its reported that Daryl Morey and the Rockets became involved in the discussions. When that happens, all of a sudden New Jersey backs out of the okc deal. I think Morey set up a 3 team trade sending lopez to phoenix, The Dragon to the Rockets, and svhed to new jersey along with contracts draft picks etc. Total conspiracy theory, but I think it makes some sense.maybe?lol

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Relax, he can't be traded back to us this season.

3. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

CJ wastons would be good pick up imo.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Could be Kevin Martin coming home!

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

lawsone would be my pick but dragic most probable to happen

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I completely agree.

7. Nils

Nils Member

No offense to codman, but why is everyone treating his post like gospel?

8. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Hopefully they can make better moves like getting another PG, a good one, and get another big. Someone to take Dorsey's minutes. But if that is the only move they can make than okay.

9. Nils

Nils Member

There are some good targets out there that can be had....we have some assets and draft picks that other teams will covet....we can hope for big names like Lawson, MCWS, Dragic....Wright, Kanter, Plumlee...I hope that we can choose from this pool too!! I have doubts, but am hopeful that it can happen. If we end up with someone less than these guys, I'll root for them the same...but I'm pushing for improvement...REAL improvement at the one and backup five.

10. saleem

He is an insider, and a very respectable poster.

11. Nook

Nook Member

A few people think he has some inside information.

12. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Because people are bored and/or gullible. He's not an insider and has no information.

13. thiefery

thiefery Member

If somehow we end up getting Dragic, Harden will go through a monster tear in the second half of the season. He won't be worn down and can focus on scoring while Dragic helps with creating matchups.

This move will put the rockets in that first tier of teams that have a great chance winning the west.

14. Nils

Nils Member

This forum is awesome...three different answers to my question....he's an insider...people think that he's an insider, and he's no insider, and people are bored and gullible. Made me smile a bit. He doesn't speak like what I would think an insider would...very vague with his words...gives no absolutes. If I had insider info, I'd stake my claim to anything that might cement my status, rather than invite more cynicism about it. To be honest, I really can't stand people that say, or act like they are insiders...and then when they're wrong, they simply say "management decided to go in another direction"....crap like that. I don't necessarily come here for insider info...more for ideas and rumors. Either way, it's all for fun.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's got some friends in the league, NENE's wife is a family friend of Codman's, he's had good information and he's a college coach at a smaller school in Arizona. , he doesn't ever really post anything you can guess so it's kind of his way of going back after the dates pass to explain what they mean.

16. Progs

Progs Member

I still think the likeliest scenario for the Rockets is Jose Calderon. Not saying I approve of that but it is the likeliest scenario.

17. saleem

Take Prigioni instead. No big difference between the two of them.

18. basketballholic

This WILL NOT happen. You shouldn't even bring it up again. He's not under consideration...at all.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not only that, but we would also need some sort of assurance from the Williams camp of his intention to sign with us. Otherwise we risk watching the trade deadline pass without making a move for a PG or secondary playmaker.

That said, I'm 100% with you: I'd love to see a buyout and for us to sign him mid-season. This would be Josh Smith Part II -- a total no-brainer for us.

20. Nils

Nils Member

Dragic and the other big targets should certainly be first option...but let's not overlook

JOSE CALDERON!!! He's a great shooter, dishes to players in good positions, and rarely turns the ball over...PROGS and I agree on this...despite his contract, he's just what Morey likes in his PGs.