1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the next player to put up a quadruple double?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

D.Cousins......... if he would only stop reaching in to rip PG's, or jumping through frontcourt players trying to block shots..... But other than that he has a real shot...:grin::rolleyes:

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I was waiting for the quad double when Ak47 is playing for his contract.

For this season, I vote for Lebron, Josh and Lowry.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No you don't.

4. BleedRocketsRed

It obviously is a longshot (as it is for anybody) but I do think he has a good shot. His career high in assists is 11, blocks is 10 and steals is 7.

Another longshot pick: Pau Gasol. His career high in blocks is 8 (twice) and assists is 12 (twice).

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Hill's quadriple double looks like this:
    mins on the bench: 40
    cheering after a good play: 16
    high-five: 29
    missed shots:12

He gets that every single game :grin:

6. VBG

VBG Member

Rondo, CP3 and Lebron are the most likely.

Dwight maybe. He gets too many hockey assists.

7. ClutchCityReturns

Are you guys aware that Rubio had this stat line last night?

9 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 6 steals

Obviously he's the kind of player who will rack up a significant amount of triple doubles in his career, but what makes him special is his ability to rack up steals. He's had 3 or more in 7 of the first 14 games of his career, and is averaging nearly 4 per game in his last 6.

I don't think it's too hard to imagine him getting a 10 steal game a couple of times in his career, perhaps in an overtime or double overtime scenario. It'll just be a matter of whether or not he's having a normal night in the other 3 categories.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

That's what got me to thinking about it.

9. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

nobody mentioned Chandler Parsons? :D

10. heypartner

heypartner Member

And Stephen Curry had this on Dec 26th

21 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists, 6 steals

in 37 minutes vs 38 by Rubio. I think that is the closest one this year for any player. Has anyone mentioned Curry; I suppose because he's injured? Or just lucky that night? GSW is high tempo.

In his rookie year, Curry also had an even better

27 points, 8 rebounds, 14 assists, 7 steals

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Yes, he's a good candidate also. Paul, Rubio, Curry, Lowry, Rondo, Rose and several other point guards seem to be the prime candidates to me.

12. MingMingDynasty

I'm going to say Ricky Rubio in the next couple of years during a pointless game at the end of the season. Dude is a steal machine and he's going to have a few 10+steals nights. He just needs his teammates to defer some rebounds to him and to not brick every shot. Rondo could get one too if he focuses on picking off passes rather than play good defense. Everyone else that has a shot, such as Lebron, CP3 and Dwight, are getting too old to have a 10+steals/blocks night

13. Asian Sensation

Asheem Thabeet

10 cheers, 10 high fives, 10 seats warmed, 10 waters assisted

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

I pick Steph Curry

15. Depressio

Depressio Member

Rubio is a good candidate. John Wall is another. And perhaps Rajon Rondo.

Centers today just don't tally up the assists like they used to... there are a few point guards that tally up everything, though.

16. pmac

pmac Member

I'm thinking either Rondo when the big 3 are gone because he'd get more boards without KG there. Or, Dwight Howard if he goes to either the lakers or mavs where he'd get more assists by passing to another good post player. Or, Pau Gasol if he goes to a team where he plays only center and has a chance to get more blocks. Then I'd go either Lebron, Iggy, or Josh Smith.

I think it's more likely to be someone who rebounds with ease and/or a super athlete that can just turn it on defensively.

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Lowry, Hayes, Rondo, Howard and Paul are the only names that leap to mind.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If Rondo gets a quadruple double when the big 3 are gone, then he needs to have a statue made for him immediately.... I would think he'd have a better chance of getting it while the Big 3 were there as opposed to them being gone....He can be more aggressive with steals and playmaking(assists) with KG back there and Allen/Pierce spotting up offensively.. Rebound wise, he damn near gets more than KG nowadays anyway...

19. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

Centers don't get assists anymore because so few teams run a post offense through their center. Howard is one of the few who even gets enough touches to have a chance.

In Dream's era, blocks were also more common. These days the leaders average about 3bpg and Dream used to regularly average over 4. I am not sure why this is the case, but I would guess it is related to the increase in 3pt shooting over the years.

So my money is on a steals quadruple double instead. You need a PG who regularly has high rebounding numbers. Rubio, Rondo, Lowry seem like the best candidates.

20. HamJam

HamJam Member

Give him a couple of years, but I am thinking Bismack Biyombo -- points, rebounds, blocks and steals. The guy's explosive quickness on defense reminds me of Dream and Kirilinko, so I think he might become good at steals in the NBA.

The Rubio call is probably the most likely though.