1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I wouldn't exactly call the Denver Nuggets franchise mediocre.

tycoonchip likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would have preferred if he would have said they are both career back ups like he said of Kyle Lowry.

Easy, HP3 and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the closet Mobley fans.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I think Green just needs the ball in his hands more to make plays and so his pairing with KPJ is limiting him. Looks like he doesn’t quite know his role. Wood is also limiting him being a selfish player that he is. The chemistry on the court isn’t right. He will figure it out though when it’s said and done. Im not worried. Too much talent. Hopefully him and Sengun can take this team to the next level in the years to come.

DeBeards and aaquaa like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is just unfortunate that Sengün cannot play the same minutes Green can.

There is some discrepancy there.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

They ain't won anything.. Sengun is not Jokic... He has game
    True but in 5 years , I would hope Green is a consistent 25 ppg scorer.. Otherwise we in trouble...Allstar Sengun or nor

DeBeards and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Green is a 3 year project. What he does in the off-season is the most important.

Sengun is ready to do a lot. Imagine this guy when he’s built and learns the nba way. He’s so damn young, if he stayed in Europe 2-3 more years…. He would be the first pick.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's exactly what I'd call them, haha. Although "above average" is probably fine. Mediocre is probably Portland.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What do y’all think Tmac did to get his body going during his peak?

green has the same structure, just need him to be engaged in bball all day. Maybe I’m expecting so much.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

mergady took a lot of doggy, hence the back issues. but he has real height and wingspan that 6'2" green doesn't have

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

very true. Tmac is our 3rd gay nba player since Francis Mobley

But @Jontro - what if green gets his nails longer like cardi b? I think he will be on KG level.

@hakeem94 confirm on his next nail polish session.

DeBeards, tycoonchip and Jontro like this.
  12. PeppermintCandy

IMO Sengun's ceiling is a very solid role player starting on a contender. No shame in that.

And despite the rocky start, Green's ceiling is still a top 10 player in the entire league and perennial All Star.

But Green needs to figure out a ton to reach that ceiling.
    So, the odds of Sengun maximizing his potential look better than Green doing the same.

13. Downtown Sniper

There's a big stretch from Championship winner before you get to mediocre.

Ah that's right, I forgot Jokic came into the league the same player as he is now.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Keep hope alive then my boi...

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His play has decided that he is not that good right now, not me. But your lips are wrapped firmly around his crank and you can't help but respond to people who criticize your love bunny.

It's ok, kid.....Green MIGHT be good one day, but today, he isn't......he just isn't a good NBA player......

I am hoping he develops, PRAYING that he becomes a great player, but as a guy who has seen so many athletes come and go in this league....Terrance Williams Cough Cough......he doesn't have the skillset yet - he needs a lot of work.

I know you don't like it, I don't care - he is not good right now.....but, he is improving.

Now run and hide baby.....the TRUTH is hard to deal with...best you stay out of the way of TRUTH.

DD

aaquaa and tycoonchip like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

McGrady came in at peak pretty much and declined from there. I mean he learned more fundamental skills, but athleticism/bodywise I don't think he took enough care of those chicken legs.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

One can only keep hope alive.

Otherwise, one will have to admit how bad Jalen Green really is.

Hope is all ones got.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun has fundamentals, an extremely high IQ, positions himself well, has amazing court vision, soft touch, 6'9/6'10 with a 7'0 wingspan. He's also younger than Green. So far everyone is extremely impressed with all the things "HE CAN DO!" He's also has positive impact every time he's on the floor. He's also not a ball stopper and is effective without the ball in his hands. He's leading rookies in steals! For a big man he can also handle the ball really well. If people want to talk about "Potential". Let's talk about the guy who's younger and has a ton of things he does well already, physically built like a good NBA player and still has room for growth. Literally the only thing holding him back is he's playing behind Wood and Theis.
    When we talk about Green all I hear is he needs
    The ball more, he needs to work on his handles, he needs to bulk up, they are so focussed on KPJ they forgot to work on Green. Ego hogged the ball so Green couldn't get his. He needs to work on his shooting form, He needs this he needs that. This is the same BS we dealt with Francis, Tmac and eventually Harden. It's a whole bunch of excuses and "he can't" but hey he jumps really high and he's fast..
    It's been 25+ years since we won a title. That title was won because the face of the franchise didn't make excuses and didn't have a bunch of things he couldn't do. He was Mr. I CAN! Both ends of the floor! Defense, clutch buckets, offense.. the man did it all! That's the kind of player that I want leading this team! So far only one of those two has shown a full list of things they can and will only get better as the years go by.

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You can always tell the trolls in this group. The only goal for you here is to label me so then its easier to debate me. Its childish you are a grown man baby. The logical fail that im somehow in love with Green because Ive seen him in the Gleague display better skills and thus I believe that its going to take awhile for him to bring them to the NBA somehow makes me some type of Green simp is highly ridiculous. It makes since because by your post you are a ridiculous person and you are only outmatched by the flat out racist people on this board. Basically what youre saying is that im also a Cade Simp because i think he has more skills than he's displayed thus far and a Sengun Simp hell I guess I woulda been a ****in Nash simp too since he sucked his first year. I guess im just a simp for all rookies. Im not one of those people who are imtimidated by how long youve been on this board or how many posts you have. I dont give a ****. The only thing I respect is someone with a good point of view. You dont fit the bill.

Spend another 20 years posting about nothing and smelling your own ****. Its probably your only success in life. Good day.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man some of yall have crazy low ceilings on Sengun to the point that either you don't know what the word means, or I don't know what the word means. Anyway, as the president of his fan club I'll present the argument.

To me, his ceiling means what if all the skills we've seen actually seen pan out. So what have we seen? We've seen him consistently box out and grab contested rebounds, and we've seen him sky in for offensive rebounds and putbacks on the offensive glass. We've seen his crazy passing ability, not just the ability to make crazy highlight passes but truly good vision, making passes in his rookie year that most bigs never make in their career. When he's on the court you can see the offense run through him in the high post. He has made some incredible passes all over the court, whether it's in the crowded paint or kicking it out to the perimeter. We've seen his post moves, the dream shake, the drep stop, the baby hook, even the post fadeaway jumper. Seriously, that baseline fadeaway against Steven Adams was something I didn't even know he could do. We've seen him hit open 3s at nearly 40%. We've seen him dribble drive from the perimeter, spin around his defender and dunk the ball. We've seen him catch alley oops. He probably sets more screens than the rest of the team put together. And his ability to get to the free throw line? How many rookies can get to the line like he does? We've seen him run the fast break. He can do it all.

And then defensively, well, not amazing he's been way better than advertised. Has a nose for the ball, lots of steals, lots of blocks, lots of hustle. Certainly no defensive star, but better than expected, and certainly way above average for a rookie.

That doesn't mean all, or any of this, is a guarantee. But we're talking about ceilings here. To me his "ceiling" is best player in the league. Like, if he manages to put ALL of this stuff together, and has an NBA level body transformation...that's the best player in the NBA. Perennial MVP candidate. Best player on a championship team.