1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

His handles are better than he has displayed so is his shooting. He's still indecisive and nervous.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Make crap up much?

or

Excuses excuses!

He is just not that good yet.

But, let's say you are right - if that is the case, put him on the bench until he is ready.

DD

tycoonchip likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It will be Jalen Green but Sengun will be really really good.

javal_lon likes this.
  4. Denovo

Denovo Member

Doesn’t matter which one is better. We need both of them to be good/great if we want to win anything.

DeBeards, Easy and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Green will be trying to catch up to Sengun in 5yrs-

SenGawd mode achieved!

DeBeards likes this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You've just decided he's not that good one month into being a rookie and you think anyone on this board should take you seriously? lol Im not sure why you responded this to me you know I dont take trollish crap from anyone I'll ignore your dumb ass.

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I think Sengun is way closer to already maximizing his skills. And he’s way better right now

Green isn’t near his potential which is good and bad, may end up better if he reaches it but at the same time he may not.

Who knows?

Joe Rocket likes this.
  8. DreamR

DreamR Member

They're so different from each other, like pretty much the complete opposite

Sengun the pass first super crafty big with elite vision and IQ

Green the shoot first freak athlete guard with blow by speed and insane vertical leap

DeBeards and xaos like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

SOFs vs GOFs thread. As if we didn't have enough bickering in this forum.

Joe Rocket and javal_lon like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Ideally they'll both be all star level talent. I think Sengun has a much higher floor, Green has a higher ceiling, though the ceilings are closer than the floors. If Green puts on muscle and tightens up his game he could be one of the elite scorers in the league. Sengun I think either becomes a glue-guy does everything type, or he becomes something a bit more special and at his peak is potentially a 25pts/10reb/6ass/2 steals a game type of player. I say if they both hit their potential then Green is more likely to put up the huge number games and get the spotlight (Harden type of star - not skill wise, I mean in terms of the results) where as Sengun is more likely to be consistently great but not blowing the records away by the numbers. Who is better likely comes down to perspective. I will say that I think Sengun is the most likely of the two to hit that potential, though it's way too early to call either of them a lock either way.

cmoak1982 and vator like this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

We better hope Green is better than Sengun... All yall who hoping Sengun will be the best player must be content with mediocrity... We NEED Green to be a star... He's 19 with confidence.. How can hate a mfer that's 19 that's starting?

DeBeards likes this.
  12. StevieCrossover

GREEN AND SEGUN CONNECTION.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair. Sengun deserves to be starting. Probably more than Green

Ankara1923 and javal_lon like this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Green easily. He has way more upside

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not at all. Both should be starting

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

imo...
    Green will have more highs n lows... peaks n valleys throughout his career depending on whatever team he is on... sometimes he will be considered an upper echelon player - other times an overpaid chucker on a neg value contract...
    Sengun will be a more solid player throughout - but will never be as noteworthy as Green will be during his peak(s)... Sengun will be considered a good solid player on a reasonable contract for most of his career - but 'doesnt really move the needle'... Scola-esque... lol

javal_lon and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair I think. Still undervaluing Sengun, not many players that have his offensive and defensive abilities at that age. It’s weird that people claim his upside is not very high. He’s not a below average athlete and he’s still growing and maturing. Same as Green

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If you asked me today. Sengun with the right workout n coaching can be a superstar.

Green has a lot more work.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

More like the next Martin & Scola

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair, you get high expectations as the 2nd pick which is hard to fulfiil.

Ideally he has to take care of the scoring load most nights with a bad team.

There is no wiggle room for him.

I mean it is not like Christian Wood is leading the team, he is turning it over, cannot even inbound pass at times.

They sucked their talent with an alien basketball.

DeBeards and RasaqBoi like this.