1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be the better player in 5 years Sengun or Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 23, 2021.

?

Who will be better in 5 years?

1. Green

47.6%
  2. Sengun

52.4%
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I sincerely hope it's Green.

What we need is all those reports about his work ethic and drive to be true. If that's correct, he'll be motivated to improve every year. Passing on Evan Mobley was a high price... We can't forget that Green was picked as a potential superstar.

DeBeards, clos4life, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  2. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Really hope that's not what we'd be saying about Green but yeah I can see that

jogo, hakeem94 and tycoonchip like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That isn't true there are tons of number 1 picks not from the USA, if you are good enough they will find you.

Heck, here in Houston, 2 notable number 1s...in Hakeem and Yao were not from the USA.....

DD

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps so, however the opposite rings true...if jalen were from turkey he wouldn't stand a chance of being pick no 2
    he wouldnt be turkish mvp but just a mediocre guy from turkish league that can dunk

DeBeards and Ankara1923 like this.
  7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Uh oh look who's part of the Mobley Mob :)

Don't let people forget that the bar for Green is superstar scorer and not Zach LaVine or whoever, if that's who you hope he pans out to be then you made the wrong pick.

#207 palmsnbananas, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    clos4life and D-rock like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

zach lavine and bradley beal are great scorers who dont impact winning.. i would hope thats not who jalen green turns out to be.

Doesnt bradley beal have a horrible losing record when he scores 50 points

DeBeards, clos4life and CXbby like this.
  9. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

At this point I hope he can end up being a Zach LaVine, that would be a best case scenario. Zach is bigger and stronger though. We will have to wait and see how he develops

clos4life and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I thought people would understand what I meant when I said "from the US", instead of "American citizen".

Enes Kanter spent some time in the USA and was drafted as #3 pick. If he stayed with Fenerbahce he would be drafted around 20 (what it should be).

Hakeem or in that time Akim/Akeem was drafted before Michael Jordan. If he was playing in Nigeria instead of American college no one would draft him in '80s as top pick.

Yao was a 2.29 meters (7'6")sensation and also 22 years old mature. Even the insular NBA Execs could not miss that talent.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, if I see this gif again, I'm gonna put you on my ignore list. There I said it.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i would like for him to get in touch with hakeem to learn some footwork

DeBeards likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Evan Mobley moving to Power Forward instead of Center really turned the corner for him.

Jarrett Allen is doing the hard work, Evan Mobley is more of a help out Jarrett Allen and block shots against his Center.

Evan blocks on the weak side against a Center and switches against Point Guards.

Evan maybe 4 years away playing as a full time Center, if he gets stronger. If not, be a Power Forward.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope they will both be great. But Sengun could be a top 3 player in the NBA in 5 years. He could be MVP.

If that happens and Green develops into a top 5 player from that draft (Mobley, Cunningham, Barnes might end up better, in addition to Sengun), and Christopher and Garuba end up in the top 10 from the class, then it doesn't really matter who got picked where. That no. 2 pick is sunk cost now.

#216 AroundTheWorld, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    DeBeards, D-rock, Easy and 3 others like this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

How exactly does Lavine not qualify as a superstar scorer? Currently in the top 10 of the MVP race averaging 25ppg on 48/38/86? Is that what you think regular scorers look like? Did you only ever watch Harden or something?

harold bingo likes this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Just some interesting numbers. In Trae Young’s first 17 games he averaged 16.8 pts 8.3 asst and 3.2 reb. A little higher than jalen in pts and more asst since he plays point. But the numbers aren’t that far off. And get this: Young FG% in this span was 39% and 3PT% was 24% similar to Green’s numbers. We know who Young is today. So yes id say it’s too early to tell. Green is a special player with speed agility and handles no doubt. Time. Patience. Realistic expectations.

harold bingo likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

I don't see Sengun being a superstar, like Jokic, as I think we underestimate how rare that is. I see Sengun being a super role player like a hybrid Scola/Ingles/Jokic and could be the third best player on a contender at his peak. He will use his IQ to be in the right places, but he doesn't have the size/strength of Jokic or the superior athletic ability which will limit him in the context of becoming a star/superstar.

Green is an enigma. I have trouble remembering a player with such an explosive first step. Right now Green is trying to figure out how to translate his elite athleticism into production. It's good to see his playmaking is better than advertised. If Green can put it together than he should be better than Sengun in 5 years.

Green and Sengun are more like yin and yang.

19bernardo87 likes this.
  20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Five years is a very, very long time. So, my answer is I have no idea. Right now Sengun impresses me more because he is so skilled in the fundamentals. Green is the superior athlete, but seems very raw.

clos4life, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.