1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who/Whom do you think will be traded before the deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Dec 11, 2010.

Tags:
?

Who will be traded by the deadline?

1. Battier

81 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Brooks

140 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. Budinger

129 vote(s)
    47.3%
  4. Hayes

17 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. Hill

59 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. Jeffries

182 vote(s)
    66.7%
  7. Scola

36 vote(s)
    13.2%
  8. Lowry

20 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Martin

23 vote(s)
    8.4%
  10. Miller

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. G-Money

G-Money Member

Poll incoming.

1 person likes this.
  2. k-money

k-money Member

jeffreis and bud. JJ wants a buyout and bud has not been doing well.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Scola is my favorite player, and unfortunately, I think that he'll be traded because he's our best player. From other team's perspectives, Scola is out performing his contract.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

If it were an option, I'd have selected "None of the above". Because that IMHO is the 80% probability factor.

The only players on the team with any trade value are Scola and Martin. Both are high-end role players and not the centerpiece for building a championship.

That in and of itself limits the trade partners. Teams lookig for that "extra piece" generally don't want long and/or expensive contracts and usually have nothing to offer in return. Even draft picks from contenders have marginal value and push out your timeframe for winning big.

As far as the rest, you've got a stack of expirings (Battier, Jeffries Hayes) with a plethora of expirings throughout the NBA. Or, "upside potential". And that has to be the view from the trade partners' perspective.

And none of this factors in Yao or the new CBA.

5. AggieRocketsFan

No Yao? :grin:

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Top 3 most likely to be traded for me would be Jeffries, Hill, and Budinger. If the Rockets want something significant in return, they'll have to throw in at least one of Brooks, Martin, or Scola.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm amazed Battier isn't top 3.

8. PointForward

PointForward Member

Brooks and Martin have no business being on this team. The both need to gtfo ASAP.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well I honestly don't think there is any question AB is going to be traded. He's in the last year of his rookie contract. He's coming off a Most Improved Player Award season. He's going to be looking for a bigger contract. The Rockets will definitely trade him, in my opinion.

10. Yung Hogg44

Yung Hogg44 Member

just waiting 4 the breaking news to happen

11. devilsdandruff

oops.
    i voted all.

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

hopefully Scola. His market value is sky high, hopefully we get promising young players and good picks in return. Scola won't get any better and the team won't get any better if he's still here, might as well use our biggest trade chip.

13. lalala902102001

I don't think anyone is safe on this current team. It just depends on what type of deals Morey can get.

I'd like to see us try to shed some contract. Scola has been our MVP this year but his contract is the biggest/longest. If we can package Lowry and his contract with him it would be better.

Shane's expiring contract might have some value depending on what other teams are looking to do. So is Yao's contract but I don't know if Les is ready to trade Yao.

I think Bud is not going to be traded. His trading value is at all time low right now. He won't even fetch a late first rounder.

14. mrjuandiego1988

yeah trade our best player for unproven talent

15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

you wouldn't trade for lets say OJ MAYO? Who's just going through a mini slump right now?

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It really depends on what other teams are looking for. I like the way this team has been rebuilt since all of the injuries.

If the Nuggets offer a 1 year rental for Carmelo I would trade anyone except Scola.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

To add on to his even Iguodala

18. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

19. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

budinger and jeffries 4sure. Battier and Brooks possibly

20. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

We don't need a player that goes through mini slumps! We need players that are very consistent like Scola!