1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who were the tough guys attending tonight's game who boo'd Harden in his return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who gives a ****

Rockets4Life13, jacoby and J.R. like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Shouldn't expect **** but NBA stars these days are soft AF. Facking ball boys will be getting tribute videos in a few years. This generation of players tho.... damn they mentally weak AF.

Jontro likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So he called a tank team a tank team

vator likes this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

He could've said nothing until free agency and then leave us for nothing. At least we got a huge haul of picks that could save our rebuild in the future. Look at how it helped Boston.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i mean its even a 2fer - most of 'em love MDA too... The narcissist and the enabler... lol

but no... thery're still here... probably trying to figure out how to blame Tilman for Blames quitting in SA in 2017... lol

Tomstro likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The alternative option is Harden doesn't leave, Rockets end up being 1st or 2nd round exits because this team simply does not have the talent or the owner's willingness to pay to succeed, and Harden leaves in 2 years. Rockets end up with no picks and are at a significantly worse position than now. Fans boo him anyways for bailing on the team.

Trading Harden is the only reason this team even has a chance of a future, unless people prefer 2 more years of mediocrity, and then literally no picks to work with after that.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden deserved to get Booed, he showed his ass, if not for just for him not wearing a mask through all of this.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He quit on the team - what did you expect, people to line up to give him a back rub.

HE QUIT !!!!!!

It will take time before he is appreciated for the 8 years......but fans are frustrated that HE ****ING QUIT !

DD

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those boos were nothing, just wait until the arena is full.

10. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

yup

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

This young fan sure wasn't booing. The joy and excitement of seeing good basketball again in the Toyota Center. Love it.

Reeko likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, sounds like my little cousin when I took him to his 1st Rockets game...the game we got the CP3 fake laugh meme and Harden hit the stepback in Steph’s face to clinch the game

needless to say he’s very sad that Harden left

jiggyfly and vator like this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden deserved to get boo'd for his irresponsible partying.

I personally wouldn't boo the guy for wanting to get traded but many/most feel the way he went about it, was at the very least unprofessional/disrespectful.

In actuality, Harden got off light by rockets fans. Compare how okc fans or Cavs fans treated LeBron (2010) and durant! And they left as free agents!

Will be interesting to dig up this old threads to see how many castigated LeBron and durant when they made their move. I certainty wasnt a fan of thier choices, but I didn't hate them for making it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I know ya'll hate Tildo but Daryl and James took a massive dump on this team leaving it in salary cap hell with a bunch of bad deals.
    Then Daryl becomes Phili GM and immediately tries to poach James.
    Then James complete tries to force trade by not being a pro (parties, Covid protocols, being a fat ***, saying team wasn't good enough)

Appreciate what he did while with the team setting aside the many playoff failures but to take a massive dump on the team and then bail, why would we not boo him?

kjayp likes this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Welp with Tillman as an owner who refuses to spend money to win a title we should get used to it. First Harden, eventually Wood, then Kevin Porter Jr..... anyone who is competitive wants to be in a situation where their team is competitive. Will Tillman pay for 3 or more stars that will want the max?

Deuce, vator and HP3 like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The people booing care more about Houston than Harden.

I honestly don't understand the fans who have trouble with others letting their frustrations with a player that quit out.

If you like Harden so damned much - go to the Nets boards.....and bye Felicia!

DD

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would have booed his ass every time he touched the ball like we booed Pippen.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This sounds like the work of a vegan gang.

J.R. likes this.
  19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Yes I did. He wanted to be traded, they were not trading him. He stayed quiet put up numbers, they strengthened their resolve in keeping him so he did what he did. In the words of Chris Rock, I am not saying it's right but I understand.

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The vegan gang had beef?

KingCheetah likes this.