1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who were the tough guys attending tonight's game who boo'd Harden in his return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Mar 3, 2021.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Right, it’s not like he exited gracefully, he threw his teammates under the bus. I wouldn’t boo him or cheer him personally. He’s not a Rocket so not my concern.

Kevooooo likes this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

FWIW - Skip Bayless hurts for us diehard rockets fans

Someone at Tinman :D

#62 BHannes2BHonest, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They were booing D'Antoni and his 5 man playoff rotation

If it was legal to have a 2 man rotation, he would do it
    @Jontro

4. lalala902102001

Harden deserved to get booed. He can't expect no consequences after what he did to force his way out of town and doom this franchise for the foreseeable future.

The Rockets will retire his jersey after he retires and he will get his day of respect from the Rockets organization. But for now we boo him.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

ZERO championships

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

yeah.

never heard this b4:

‘cause of death?’
    • Excessive Booing
    • contributing factor: ‘was hit with a ‘you suck’ comment.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Takes too much effort to boo. I think dead silence when he waved to the crowd would have been a more impressionable response — and kind of hilarious if everyone just glared cross armed at him. In my head I imagine his big grin fading and going “oh ****, they’re still mad” as his retreats into his team huddle like the Homer Simpson into the bushes GIF.

But hey, Lebron kind of did worse in a way and CLE and he reunited.

groovemachine likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How out of shape was he really? He dropped 42 and 17 in his first game. Few fat pictures where it clearly looks like he's wearing padding underneath his warmups isn't what you should be believing.

Y'all just made he was right. This team is absolute trash, you would rather he just waste his prime here and go down as the greatest player to never win a ring? This isn't the 90s where players stick with teams. With soo many other stars forming super teams what choice did he have? He's been a 1 man band for 6 out of 8 years he was here.

Wulaw Horn and YOLO like this.
  9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol yes, it still is :D

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol not the same at all.

tinman, hou$tonScrew$tonTX and kjayp like this.
  11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I feel the same way 100%

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He deserves the boos.

kjayp likes this.
  13. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

the guy sabotaged and set back the team for years to come.

I love Harden as the next guy and the people who booed him are showing that they are as passionate as anyone else and that they are really hurt by what he did. He abandoned his fan base and city that gave him everything he asked for.

He bailed on the team and the city, just as Morey and to a lesser extent Westbrook did.

If it’s about him wanting to win a ring and it’s all just business I understand that but then can you imagine the Rockets side as a business? They just got royally screwed and their worth has taken a major hit.

As a fan, it’s gut wrenching to see in less then six months all three franchise players, basically the faces of Houston sports from the city’s three local teams just up and leave. As a fan and I’m sure others too we just don’t know how to process that.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I wasn't at the game but I would boo him.

kjayp likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Harden only fans should have moved to the nets fan site by now.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

If you guys really wanted to insult him
    You would have called him Tmac

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. jayfree

jayfree Member

With Harden, we are a playoff team (and if he would have wanted to be here then that's what would have happened).

Without Harden, we are fighting for last with no clear direction of how the team will be for the foreseeable future.

Fans have the right to not be happy with that scenario!

18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Or worse "Stevie Franchise"

jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

kjayp and tinman like this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty sad that people here would bash a guy who literally busted his butt for this team for 8 years. Yes he wanted out but if anyone has ever been stuck in a dead end job they would understand why he did it. Look at most of the recent championship teams payrolls and y'all will see something this organization has refused to do even with Les. That is go over the tax line. The fact is if Houston won't do it, some other team will. That is all there is to it. Brooklyn has KD making max, kyrie making the max and James Harden paid the max. How much did Miami, Golden State, Cleveland even Dallas have on payroll. It takes Superstars to win Championships. Superstars will want to get paid.
    If he was declining everyone would be wanting his butt traded asap even if he wanted to stay. Harden is doing what's best for his legacy which he should and obviously playing for a team that is unable to pay for the talent needed to win it all is of course not. In a few years if Tillman is unwilling to pay for talent to surround Wood or Kevin Porter jr or hypothetically Cade Cunningham those guys will be gone too. Are we Rocket fans just going to boo every star player that leaves in their prime because Tillman won't pay for the talent they need to win a title? I doubt this is going to be the only time this happens.

flamingdts likes this.