1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who watches Dragon Ball Z?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Stevie Francis, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Stevie Francis

just wanted to know who are DBZ fans i am a big one. I love that show, and its so addictive. Almost anyone can watch it for a week and get hooked. Thats show is awsome. so guys tell me if you watch it?

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I first watched DBZ about 4-5 years ago, when it was on a local channel at 6am. I'd say I went about 3 years however with no DBZ

3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Does Sailor Moon hentai count? ;)

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

i've seen quite a few episodes...its kind of frustrating and repetitive. The outcome and plot is always the same...there is a powerful being that wants to conquer. everyone fights him, some people die, they finally defeat it, but it turns into an even more powerful being, then goku uses his new power and beats it. then they find a way to revive the dead friends. the end.
    oh yea they talk more **** to each other than they actually do fighting.
    enemy: I will kill you.
    goku: I won't let you.
    enemy: you are no match for me.
    goku: we will see.
    enemy: you might as well get out of my way.
    goku: I will fight you to the end.
    enemy:this is laughable,you will be crushed.
    goku: bring it on.
    enemy: hmmm, let me tell you how bad I'm going to destroy you and your friends.......
    etc., etc., etc.

I swear it takes like 3 episodes of **** talking before they actually fight. hell the movies are the built on the same premise.

5. devestata

devestata Member

LMAO Severe Rockets Fan...that is true, but still the show is probably the best Anime ever. I heard rumors that a Dragon Ball AF may be released in Japan in a few years, since GT is the last saga.

Stevie Francis...nice thread, BTW. :D

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I watch it. My friend told me about it, around the Frieza Saga, and I've watched ever since.

BTW, I've heard of DB AF, but I think its suppose to be fake. I'm not really sure.

Also, does anyone play the DBZ mods for Half-Life? I got DMZ and ESF. They're pretty fun.

7. devestata

devestata Member

AF is fake for now, but will be out in a few years. Can you tell me where I can find whatever you're talking about? DBZ Mods for Half Life?

8. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Try Bid for power, it's a quake 3 mod, it think

9. RC Cola

There are only 2 good ones out.

DMZ, or DragonModZ, started out sooner, so they're further ahead. I think they are on Beta 1.7, with 1.8 coming up. It uses a combo system, like Street Fighter to do the moves. Sadly, the site is down, but the forums are up. Here's their site:

http://dmz.flagrun.net/index.php

This other one, Earth's Special Forces, is close to releasing their bata version. It just uses a click and hold method of attacking. (hold click, stonger attack.) IMO, its the better version. The only problem is that the current version is kind of old. But its ok. Here's their site:

http://www.esforces.com/

As far as downloading the two, try this site:
    http://www.redsaiyan.net/main.php
    This site contains links to download the games, as well as other modifications for the 2.

Well, that's about all I know. Just don't ask them when the new version will be out, because they'll just tell you "it will be done when its done."

Yeah, it is. It really didn't seem that fun to me. I think these two are better, and they're not even finished. But that's just my opinion.

#9 RC Cola, Sep 1, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2002
  10. devestata

devestata Member

Thanks. I heard of Bid For Power and can't find it. You know where it is on the net?

11. RC Cola

This should be it:

http://www.planetquake.com/bidforpower/

12. devestata

devestata Member

13. RC Cola

No problem.

BTW, I have links to about maybe 3 or 4 othe mods, but they haven't even finished the first version yet. There are 2 other Quake mods, but they are in this group. I think I found a Max Payne mod, also. And there were 1 or 2 other HL mods. But only the 3 mods I gave above are playable. (ESF,DMZ,BFP.)

If any of them ever release, which would probably be a LONG time if at all, I could give a link to them.

Hmm...this got slightly off-topic. And its my fault too.

Uhh...anybody hear about the DBZ movie?

edit: Oh, and I'm not talking about the movies that are not relative to the series. I'm talking about the movie with real people. I think FOX got the OK to make one. I haven't heard much since, in fact I think it may have stopped because of money.

#13 RC Cola, Sep 1, 2002
  14. devestata

devestata Member

RC, can you tell me how to download them? I'm having a bit trouble with these damn ZIP Files...I freakin hate them...can you download it without the damn ZIP Files?...:mad: :mad:

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Just download Stuff-it 7.5

16. RC Cola

Are you talking about BFP, or the HL mods? Because my ESF and DMZ are unzipped. My BFP is zipped. I can't remember how I did it. What I probably did is extract the folder into the Quake 3 directory.

Is there a readme in the zipped file? Usually, they'll help you.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

BTW, if you want DBZ characters in BFP, you'll need a DBZ pack. BFP got in trouble with Funimation and had to re-do the characters. But you can find DBZ skins for it.

edit: oh yeah, after extracting it, load up Quake, go to mods, and BFP should be there.

edit2: http://www.rodneyolmos.com/
    That's a place where I got my DBZ pack. A hefty 20 something megabytes, too.

edit3: I don't know where to get BFP unzipped.

edit4: Hehe..got a lot to add. Forgot to mention that you need some Q3PointRelease_117 to play BFP, I think. See, BFP requires too much. That's why I like the others better.

#16 RC Cola, Sep 1, 2002
  17. Stevie Francis

DBAF huh? Sounds good, i hope there are grown ups in that though. Cause you know why DB GT died.

18. devestata

devestata Member

Ah just forget it, lol. I got this other DBZ game off of ebay and it's cool...

19. RC Cola

I don't remember if I was reading from DB AF, but if it was, it was real stupid. I think I read something about SSJ4 Vegetto being an anchor man on some news show. That's the only thing that stands out from what I remember.

What's it called. I probably heard of it. Probably.:)

20. devestata

devestata Member

Can't really remember. It's made my anton mei and has arcade mode, etc...you know what it is?