1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who watched the Rockets preview on NBA TV just now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 9, 2013.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Man, they didn't sound too confident that the Rockets are going to be much improved.

Rick Fox said Houston's best case scenario this year is second round of the playoffs.

Overall, they just didn't seem too confident that this team will mesh.

Which is odd, because I feel like this team has some great chemistry already.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh...it's trendy to say the Rockets won't do that well in the media.

I'm not saying we're Finals bound right out of the gate, but anybody saying our "best case scenario" is the 2nd round really is just being silly. That very well could be what happens, but it's not the best we can do. Just depends how fast it all clicks.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Rick fox is an LA butthurt about dwight hater. nothing to see here.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Rick Fox is not thread worthy

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ex Laker nough said.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rick Fox can go suck a dick. He's an LA dickrider.

#6 RedRedemption, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. bmd

bmd Member

Well who is the old dude on NBA TV? He pretty much said the same thing.

It almost sounds like they haven't been keeping up with the Rockets and don't know what they are talking about.

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Good! I don't want these guys on the bandwagon. Check back in May / June & hear them say the opposite.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rick Fox is super salty, man.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I did.

What do you expect them to say? We were a young 8th seed last year. We collapsed when we could of had the 6th seed.

This team has a lot to prove and I think maturity will help but let's not kid ourselves, this team hasn't done anything YET.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Rick Fox is still recovering.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hZWA5ygow5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. JBar

JBar Rookie

And remember that Fox took a much lower salary than he could have gotten elsewhere to go to LA. So he really can't empathize with Dwight.

13. bmd

bmd Member

It's not about that. They made it to the playoffs nearly as the 6th seed, won 2 playoff games, and other than the first game every game was close.

And these guys are saying their BEST case scenario is making it to the second round??

That would have been the best case if the Rockets made no changes and had the same team returning.

But this year? Makes no sense.

2nd round exit is a very real possibility. Maybe even likely. But best case?

14. Play07

Play07 Member

I did ... I try not miss anything rockets related if I can , going to breakfast at 6:30 at Toyota center to watch the game and see the new facilities I'm excited !!

15. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Maybe Rick Fox fears the Hollywood doors will close on him if he paints too rosy a picture for the Rockets. :rolleyes: :p

16. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

2nd round is a respectable season depending on who we play in the West. Best case scenario though? We have no idea about the match-ups of who we would be playing if it does get to that point but like-wise, we don't know how the team will be in the regular season. Best case though? Come on.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought he was fair. He said if the rockets play outside in it will piss Dwight off which I agree.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I did not, but I do want to echo that Rick is a tool. Did he even have any fans when he was playing?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rick Fox is jealous of Chandler Parsons, who replaces Rick as the NBA's handsome small forward with Hollywood looks.

20. bongman

bongman Member

It's just their opinion my man. Let our play on the court dictate what's reality and what's just perception.