1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who was/is the best Batman?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Jul 18, 2008.

Tags:
?

Who is/was the best Batman?

1. Adam West - Original Batman Movie & TV Series

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Michael Keaton - Batman & Batman Returns

33 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. Val Kilmer - Batman Forever

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. George Clooney - Batman & Robin

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Christian Bale - Batman Begins & The Dark Knight

86 vote(s)
    58.9%
  6. I can't just pick 1, are you crazy?

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Nobody really stands out....

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, but did read some reviews and overall it seems everyone is loving it. Then I ran across a poll asking something I've always wondered myself....Who played the best Batman?

My vote goes to Michael Keaton. Maybe it was because he was the first that I saw in the role and it's hard to see anyone else, or maybe he really was the best. A very distant second to me would be Val Kilmer. I thought his attitude was perfect for the role, but he's nowhere close to Keaton if you ask me.

If you want to vote in the poll I found, here is the link: Batman Poll

Of course, more important is our poll, so be sure to vote here!

Pugs

#1 pugsly8422, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. durvasa

durvasa Member

Bale's Batman is the most grim and serious. Physically, I think he's the best. I think Keaton's Bruce Wayne/Batman had more personality, though. It's between them.

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

4. No Worries

No Worries Member

Adam West :) was the first, fwiw :)

[​IMG]

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

well kilmer and clooney shouldnt even count those movies were total abominations (especially batman and robin)

I havent seen Dark Knight yet, but I had to go with Adam West that batman tv show and movie has always had a special place in my heart though it could have almost single handedly brought down the entire batman franchise since its so vastly different in its style than the rest of the batmans.

but between the more "serious" movies I would go with Keaton

6. the futants

the futants Member

Christian Bale is great, but until he has a character on Family Guy, he's second fiddle to Adam West.
    [​IMG]

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

The mayor of Quahog... :)

Adam We

[​IMG]

EDIT: dammit thefutants, beat me by 2 mins... :(

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

I voted Bale, just because I think he's the best actor of the lot (just slightly better than Kilmer who, when he's actually motivated to give a damn, is a great actor). It's amazing that, when he was cast, everyone questioned whether comedian Michael Keaton could pull of the Bat, but now he's acknowledged as one, if not THE, best in the role.

But I believe Adam West deserves special consideration for pulling double duty as Batman and the Mayor of Quahog.

[​IMG]

9. pmac

pmac Member

I don't think either's performance was especially great or bad...except for Clooney... he sucked to me. The other performances SEEMED really good or bad depending on the movie around them (directing, script, etc.)

10. lpbman

lpbman Member

Keaton.

His Batman was more nuanced and multifaceted. Bale is serious/intense 100% of the time. He's perpetually Patrick Bateman.

11. univac hal

univac hal Member

Bale's persona is probably the truest to source, but Keaton is the Batman I grew up with. Can't imagine anyone else as Bruce Wayne

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

13. professorjay

professorjay Member

Spot on. I'm hoping Bale loosens up just a little bit in The Dark Knight, which could give him the win. Otherwise Keaton holds on to the title.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Bale followed by Keaton...special place for Adam West all his own. Kilmer tried to be just like Keaton it seemed (which is ok) and Clooney was terribly miscast.

How bout best bat suit? I'm actually really digging the current one; looks the most user friendly.

And bat car? Probably the Tim Burton Batman incarnation followed by the Tumbler.

15. prs325

prs325 Member

Man, its gotta be Bale. Others are not even in the same plane, aside from Adam West of course -- classics never go out of style :p .

16. emjohn

emjohn Member

Lewis Wilson hates you and calls you a filthy liar.

I can't decide...I feel no one's really been perfect BOTH as Bruce Wayne and Batman. I will say that Val Kilmer doesn't get half the appreciation that he deserves. No one's really done a horrible job in the past 20 years.

I won't hate on West, since I loved watching that show as a kid.

Evan

17. droxford

droxford Member

I don't think Clooney sucked as Batman. The movie he was in sucked REALLY bad, but I don't think it was his fault. The script was terrible. The dialogue was terrible. The whole franchise had become formulaic, the lighting was way-over-the-top, the directing by Joel Schumacher was terrible.

Really, the only things good about it were... the actors who played Alfred, Robin, and Batman did as good a job as possible with what they had.

18. droxford

droxford Member

beat me to it.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Keaton
    Kilmer
    Bale
    Clooney

and Adam West at the top.

20. twoface723

twoface723 Member