1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants to write about Mutombo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Apparently, multiple writers. Here are articles from both Rockets.com and the NY Daily News. Interesting that Dikembe is friends with Dolan but doesn't even want to talk about Isiah. I also remember back when he was with the Knicks, his career looked pretty dead (I think the Nets bought him out and the Knicks signed him but then wanted to be rid of him). Amazing he's played multiple productive years after that. Who would have thought back then?

Also, it is mentioned that his 2 swats vs. New York were his first two of the SEASON. Amazing.... one would have thought he would have gotten one randomly. But until that game, he has kinda looked really old and slow (and his hands were worse than ever). I hope he is rounding into shape and the coaching staff is finding a way to use him better.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/01/09/2008-01-

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/RocketsKnicks_Preview-251418-34.html?rss=true

2. MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee Member

If I get a chance I'll make a WE (HEART) DEKE sign to hold up tonight. I hate being busy on a day when I'm ready to rock with the Rox.

3. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Sad. Call me a puss, but I almost started crying in my office at work. The girl outside my window is probably thinking I'm crazy.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Dikembe Mutombo is the greatest Sportsman that we have today. I am truly proud that he is retiring as a Rocket.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One more article, this a blog post from the Washington Post:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2008/01/mutombos_final_dc_finger_wag.html

6. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Wow. I never knew he had to be talked into playing basketball. I wonder if that means he never played until he came to Georgetown. He was also a medical student? I bet he wanted to go back as a doctor to help his country.

If what he did on court isn't enough for the Hall of Fame, His off court humanitarian work should be considered also.

7. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

God bless you Mutombo we will miss your pressence in the league

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Deke is a great human being.