1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Still Has A Bitter Taste In Their Mouth from 2005?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

The focus on Yao and his "moving screens" by the refs demonstrated a bais by the league office. It may not have been "rigged" but it defiently changed the complexion of the series by putting Yao in early foul trouble.

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Disagree. They had a bunch of vets that knew their roles and played them well (Sura, Wesley, Barry & James)

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm rewatching the highlights(or lowlights) from Games 3 and 4 on YouTube and it is painful to see how the Rockets blew those games. Terry absolutely killed them in Game 4. Thank God the Mavs don't have anyone who's that clutch on their team this time around. Dirk and Monta can make big shots, but they don't scare me the way Terry used to.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

1997 was far worse.

I do enjoy punking anyone in Texahoma, though. Bring 'em on.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I had a roommate at the time from Plano. He was a spoiled little brat, absolutely worthless, annoying little turd. He threw that game 7 loss in my face so many times. Then the fixing scandal broke where they mentioned this series. My blood was boiling.

I don't want revenge. I want destruction. I want to sweep them and set the record for largest margin of victory in NBA history each game. I want Harden to break Nowitzki's old ankles and force him into retirement. I want Ariza to block Parson's shot right back into his stupid face so hard he has to look for modeling gigs with a spalding logo on his forehead. I want Dwight to throw down a dunk so righteous the goal collapses on top of Mark Cuban. I want complete and total annihilation of the Mavericks franchise.

2 people like this.
  6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

People from Dallas are so smug.

7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Depends on your definition of deserve tinman, but I will stop this discussion because it leads nowhere. You are notorious for living in your own world and not changing your mind and thinking you are 100% correct on anything of the Rockets past so why bother..

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I will be bitter forever. Should have been Rockets in 6 but whatever....stupid Mavs.

9. SemisolidSnake

Nobody on the current Rockets squad or coaching staff, that's who. Revenge won't be motivating them. They just need to beat down whoever stands in front of them, because they stand in front of them.

1 person likes this.
  10. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Muck the Favericks

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Non at all, Portland still fresh on my mind.

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Donaghy also referred to a playoff series where "Team 3's Owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player."[15] The playoff series was believed to be the first-round encounter between the Houston Rockets and the Dallas Mavericks in the 2005 NBA Playoffs. The Rockets led 2–0 in the series before losing in 7 games,[17] and then-Rockets head coach Jeff Van Gundy was fined $100,000 for stating that a referee was targeting Houston center Yao Ming.[18]

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm 100% correct that team lost by 40 in game 7, 'deserve' was not what I was thinking after we lost.

sure, people can remember what they want from that series.

but that was history and we never won a playoff series til Rick Adelman joined.

what does that tell you ?

we don't really need any motivation against Dallas anyways

14. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

This game happened on prom night my senior year of high school. The driver of the party bus that we had rented was listening to it on a handheld radio and I would check the score every 20 minutes or so. I remember thinking the driver was joking with me when the game was getting out of hand. Unfortunately he wasn't.

Here's to a chance for payback/redemption/whatever you want to call it all these years later.

15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

T-Mac played so well that series. I'll never forget going up 2-0 on the road and then losing back to back at home. Unreal.

Lets sweep them.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, but we were defending Dirk with the corpse of Juwan Howard.

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNJM4t_cqVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That and the Jazz in '07 were the two most painful playoff losses to me for the last 20 years or so. Yeah, even moreso than the ones where Lillard and Stockton finished us off.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The thing is...the current Rockets players have no clue about that playoff series. We...the fans...remember it full well. If we lose again, then I guess we will have to be double bitter and I'm sure a little referee controversy will be involved per usual.

20. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

actually it was the Dirk stopper (Bowen) and Tmac. Juwan didn't play due to injury.