1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should the Rockets draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mzymmm, May 21, 2008.

1. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

I am voting for us moving up and draft a few spot and draft Chris Douglas-Roberts. He's currently ranked 19th on Draftexpress and 22nd on Nbadraft. We are at the 25th. I can't not believe how lowly ranked he is. I mean Joe Alexander is ranked ahead of him, where CDR is a better player on the much better team. This is ridiculous. I say there will be at least 10 bust being drafted ahead of CDR this year.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Micheal Jordan!

3. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

We will probably draft a center, maybe move up a few to get Robin Lopez. Big men are expensive and rare in this league.

True, CDR is one big SG. I dunno if we need to draft a SG, we can trade for SG and SF/PF.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Definitely not LOPEZ - he's a stiff and can't shoot to save his life. We don't need a 7 ft version of chuck. CDR looks like Derrick Chevious all over again. Once people figure out he can't shoot, back to the bench young man. He can stay in the game because of his defensive abilities. My 14 yr old is stronger than him though. As someone said, if u look skinny with a t shirt on under your jersey than your anemic.

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Any player who is not some combination of too short, too slow or too unathletic. And preferably under the age 22.

6. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

I think we will draft a SG/SF. Aldeman already said in the radio that a backup SG/SF is our glaring hole in my roster. Since Deke is coming back, we can wait till next year to find some backup center. Big stiffs are easy to find.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

He also said he wanted that big 2/3 to be a veteran.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Likely won't be there:

Roy Hibbert - Underrated, good size, could be a Perkins type starter

Joe Alexander - Matt Harping 2.0 with better athleticism

CDR - Kind of a question mark, definitely a playmaker though

In our range:

Mario Chalmers - Limited player, respect the job he did at Kansas, good shooter

Robin Lopez - Good defender, guy can move, really sucks on offense

Courtney Lee - Role player with a capital R, might not make it on NBA level

I watch a lot of college basketball and nobody really stands out at our range. But all the 2nd round wonders, like Monta Ellis, were guys I never got to see coming. I have a lot more confidence in our scouts than I do in my own eyes. They get to see these guys play at least thirty times and interview them; I don't.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I would go with Robin Lopez

the guy is a good defender and while not as offensively skilled as his brother, he isnt a total stiff as some make out on offense. He has good mechanics and I do think can improve his offensive game, that wasnt really his role at Stanford, he will have time to develop that with the coaches in the NBA.

plus the owner of my company is really good friends with the lopez twins so that gives me an in with the rockets if we draft him :D

10. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

We definantly need size. But what team doesn't? Mutombo is old and Hayes is always a mismatch when he's guarding someone bigger, which is almost always, regardless of his heart and hustle.

However, when your drafting 25th in the NBA, it's already a crapshoot and trying to fill a need for a big man is next to impossible. I'm assuming we just take the most talented player on the board regrdless of position. Unless it's another PG. We need a guy who's a pure catch and shooter. We already have 2 guys who can break any man down and kick it out of the double team.

I'm guessing we go for a SF, since we can rotate Tracy.

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Chris Douglas-Roberts.

13. Gwill88

Gwill88 Member

Lopez or Lester Hudson

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Actually the anti-chuck wagon keeps saying that he misses wide open lay ups, picks up fouls, and is undersized. If Robin Lopez is a 7 foot Chuck...then well he just fixed all of Chuck's negative attributes. He will dunk instead of laying it in and well can't get shorter. Picking up fouls is something someone learns not to do.

15. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

As long as we don't draft a player from Turkey or a short PG it will be good. :)

16. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I want us to move up in the draft to get Darrel Arthur

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Russell Westbrook or Ryan Anderson

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nobody is going to trade us one.Obviously anyone would want a veteran. BPA is the only way to go.In the draft you have a choice even though it's limited at 25.
    Making trades without damaging the team or getting good free agents is almost next to impossible. If DM,Adelman and Les don't realize that,they can just keep on dreaming. Luis Scola like deals are very rare. We were very fortunate to get him.
    I do agree with redgoose that management shouldn't go after a PG in this draft and please don't go after a stiff.

#18 saleem, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
  19. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Roy Hibbert is my pick! I guess hope he will be at #25.