1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should be the next head coach for the Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Raven, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sumlin has the demeanor of a HC, very similar to Mike Tomlin and I like Tomlin.

If it is somebody like Sumlin, he's has to surround himself with veteran coordinators with a proven track record.

2. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

About 4 years ago I never would have said this.If Keenum is what he appears to be, I want Kubiak to stick around. In a game and a half with him calling plays, the playbook was more open and the offense looked dynamic and that was just with a passing game. With healthy Foster I bet it becomes even more dynamic. Give them a chance to bolster up the o line and get some linebackers this draft and we may be right back in the mix for sb contention. The only problem is Kubiak needs to keep scoring. Don't stop trying to score unless the game is officially out of reach. I can't stand that he eats clock even up 1 score.

3. Raven

Raven Member

No, no, no, Kubiak's got to go. If Keenum can't prosper under a different coach, then maybe he's not as good as we think. To bring Kubiak back would be the equivalent of McNair tattooing the word - No Accountability - on his forehead, so let's stop with this nonsense about bringing Kubiak back. He must be fired.

4. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Keenum and Sumlin together again?

[​IMG]

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Jack Del Rio a defensive minded head coach and Brian Schottenheimer as the off coor.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kubiak will be back.

1. Keenum
    2. Injuries
    Starting QB went into the toilet(also got hurt)
    Starting RB IR
    Backup RB hurt
    Starting TE IR
    Starting LT was out for a few weeks
    Starting ILB IR
    Starting S IR​

"I had just not seen anything like this! This was unbelievable but we still went out there and fought!"

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This.

I've been saying it all along, but Kubes is coming back!

8. Pete the Cheat

Things were bad even before the injuries. Kubiak has a great system, but his conservative nature limits the teams success. Much like Schaub, we have seen the ceiling that Kubes offers and it's just time to move on.

1 person likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/06/analysis-notebook-week-9-3/

That just isn't true. Kubiak has been agressive this year, but has not had a qb that will make the throws.

10. Pete the Cheat

A lot of that has been a function of having to comeback so much this season.

Granted Keenum offered a more aggressive look to start the Colts game than we have seen this season. But even when the offense looked unstoppable two seasons ago, once we built a lead Gary would just crawl into his shell and go ultra conservative.

That's just his philosophy, no way around it. I am not trying to pile on either guy while they are down, I have just seen enough.

11. tmacfor35

Teams that tack it on after they have a lead are the New England Patriots/Denver Broncos....

Everyone else in the league plays conservative. Kubiaks record is very very good with the lead in the second half.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Patriot and broncos. Ya mean winners? Very very good huh? Wow.

13. sydmill

sydmill Member

GM:Jason Licht or Marc Ross

Coach: Mike Zimmer

14. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

IF Kubiak keeps his job, I see that he will have to fire a lot of his staff. He needs a real OC, not an O-line coach with the OC title.

But if my wish comes true for a clean house, I would love to get David Shaw up in this hizzy.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

why did the comparison have to be another black HC?? it just make sme think of everytime a black qb comes out of college he gets vick comparisons..

16. tmacfor35

They happen to have two qb's who can actually tack it on.....

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Like the same way every good white WR gets compared to Wes Welker.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If the Texans do clean house...it becomes paramount to decide what we are doing with Case...if he is the QB we are gonna build around, we have to find ways to put him in a scheme, system where he'll have success.. Sumlin would be nice...but Chip Kelly will be the first to tell you, his success he had in Oregon doesn't necessarily translate.

Sumlin would help Keenum a lot bc a coach like Sumlin has already established a trust factor in his player to be able to deliver. There is no question that Case can be successful, but maybe its time to scrap and restart again.

If you do decide to clean house...everyone should go...and really the Texans should consider trading their best player ever...in Andre. We have so many hole to fill...and the Texans can atleast give this beast a chance to win a title with a QB like Brady or Manning. Infact, I would seriously root for Andre going to New England and play with Tom.

The RB situation is interesting, but maybe we do have to cut Foster and let Tate walk..but are we as a city prepared to have another bad year after this one?

There are so many players that deserve to be cut on this team, and wouldve been on most other teams. But who do you replace anyways? Rarely do teams just improve via draft alone. And the Texans may not have a ton of flexibility to maneuver the cap space.

If the Texans clean house, they should totally look to rebuild. Start with the Duane Brown for the OLine and JJWatt on the DLine, and build. Use Kareem Jackson and Swearinger to build around the secondary...Build around Hopkins and Foster on offense.

Bring in a young Defensive minded HC(i like the Gruden brothers) and let Sumlin run the offense. Almost 13 years into the league, and there isnt a staple Texans "thing." Im so frustrated... years of futility sucks...we deserve a title. And this town would go crazy for an NFL title. When will it happen? I dont know, but i think ill still keep rooting for this team..and will be watching next Sunday against Oakland.

Go Texans

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Like this?

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

If they are gonna clean house they better bring the bleach and kaboom.