1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should be our starting PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeacePeace, Oct 26, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who should be the starting PG?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. Patrick Beverley

225 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Jeremy Lin

416 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

WTF? Take a look at the forum heading: houston rockets garm.

Your ambien prescription is doing more harm than good.

2. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

The rockets have been blowing out teams all preseason long, with or without asik in the lineup.

Also, look up the word preseason in a dictionary.

3. bws

bws Member

I agree. It's hurting his game not to use it. He should use the stop and pop mid range, fadeaway mid-range shot he used in NY, and more floaters.

4. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Eh, nice to show your true colors with a cheap shot edit after the fact. :) Classy LOH. :)

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Without a big man option, that can happen. The hope is that with a big man who can score 20 ppg, that shouldn't happen unless its a broken play.

I have looked at his splits. You may be surprised to know that in the last 2 months, Harden's turnover rate was lower playing with Beverley than with Lin, and his TS% was higher.

As most knowledgeable NBA fans should know, FG% is not a particularly accurate gauge for scoring efficiency when applied to players who shot a ton of 3s and FTs.

6. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Harden is not Kobe or Jordan. Kobe and Jordan could score much more efficiently than Harden. I'm not talking about scoring efficiency. I'm talking about physical efficiency. Both Kobe and Jordan had elite mid range games which took little toll on their bodies. James Harden is an attacking shooting guard whose bread and butter is getting to the line and getting fouled. He doesn't have much of a mid range game, which is not surprising, because he doesn't have the length of Kobe or the athleticism of MJ. Harden plays a much more physical brand of basketball.

7. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

The coaching staff wants what it wants. It's a lot easier for them to force players to fit into their preconceived notions, than it is to create a game plan which integrates players strengths.

1 person likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

needs to make them alot more accurate before shooting more of them in the game (he is free to practice all he wants though) especially those floaters which remind me of alston's

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

sorry but if the glove fits...

10. bws

bws Member

There are other arguments. Lin has proven success with big men like Chandler Tyson and raises almost all players game level that play with him. The only real exception is Harden and perhaps Parsons. And it could be said that looking at how Lin plays with Harden is one-dimensional since the Rockets now have an elite big man in Howard and there are other important players on the Rockets as well, like Asik if he is in the starting line-up, that can benefit by Lin. I think Beverley has good arguments too, but it isn't so cut and dry that Lin fans are so one-dimensional it is just they must have Lin without good reasoning and consideration for the team.

11. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Harden is still going on 1 on 5 in the preseason.

Harden's turnover rate was still approximately 4 a game.

Knowledgeable nba fans know that Harden's 2 pt fg% plummeted those last two months. He was also scoring nearly a point per game less.

12. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Likewise. :) And yes, you are sorry. :)

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You still haven't explained how Jeremy Lin being the primary playmaker reduces Harden's chance of getting undercut by another player and spraining his ankle as a result.

I'm guessing you can't explain it, and you are just talking out your ass.

14. bws

bws Member

Yeah, I like Beverley and I hope expectations aren't too high. He'll have his bad plays and bone-head fouls, because players have them. He'll expose some holes in his game through time and more scouting. He'll have his 2 of 11s and not hit the right side of a barn some nights. He'll get lit up by a very hot point guard. But his effort will be true. Just hope that some aren't doing that grass is greener thing and then sour on him when some weaknesses in his game are revealed.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Now starting Bev is literally unsafe because it will lead to the whole team suffering from injury. Gotta love it. LOL.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think most of us realize that he'll have off nights and that thorough scouting will make a difference. What I think you'll see is a lot of the Lin fans rejoicing and salivating if/when he has the off nights I know they're praying for.

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I mean for real.....these dorks only care about Lin and not the Rockets. While Lin only cares about the Rockets

18. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Exactly. Lin more than held his own last season as the starter, they added Howard in the off season, ok cool. Lin didn't do anything to lose his spot really, played good in preseason also. He should be given a chance to start the regular season because nothing was broken. If he struggles, too many turnovers, bad D, after a few games give the job to Bev. But after having a solid year last yr as a starter, and showing some good chemistry this preseason with Howard the only real change from last season, I think Lin deserves a chance to prove himself as a starter in the regular season, at least in the beginning and then judge his performance. I feel like the move to demote him is premature.

1 person likes this.
  19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Your (you) is plural or singular? Let me see. If singular. When I joined this forum I wasn't posting much and then the linching mob happened. I think after our Mario Brothers effort, the hate was quelled quite a bit and now it's much better, except that you don't realize of course. Just because you go crazy on me doesn't mean it's my fault.

Way to over-generalize. When did I say that?

"The Hate" was something else, don't mix them up.

Just because haters existed doesn't "everyone" hates him.

I'm not sure one's sense of justice and one's feelings are one and the same thing. Ahha, only someone who is selfish and egotistical would have their sense of justice offended. Easy way out huh?

Did I accuse anyone of hatred just because they think it is better to have Lin come off the bench? Strange......if you hate, that's your problem, don't be going crazy on me just because I remind you that hate was among us. If it's the same people who was hating and having this opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean they have quit hating. Just because everyone is entitled to their own opinion doesn't mean that no one is hating. You have some twisted thinking here.

Plz don't deny there are haters/racists here:

Are you raging or just juvenile?

1 person likes this.
  20. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

After watching through all of the preseason games and the live practice today..... I think it is apparent that Beverley will be the starter. I think this is in the coaching plans all along.