1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who quit on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 11, 2015.

?

Did you quit on the Rockets during Game 4?

1. Yes - I quit on them. They do not deserve my time and support

35.2%
  2. No - I did not quit on them. I'm a homer for life.

53.5%
  3. I like to be self humiliated and I was just watching the game for the lolzzzzzzz

11.4%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will still watch the next game and hope for the best, but objectively do not see a high probability of the team winning the series. The current roster is too flawed.

Will root for the team to understand that they need radical changes this summer to become a contender.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Please explain the "radical" changes the Clippers made since CP3 arrived and they failed every year.

Shut up. You're just a bore. No top team in the current Western Conf made any major changes in the past 2-3 years.

Get over yourself.

boring f!cking lame ass poster. Don't screw with our playoff season fun, and think I'm going to ever respect you again. If I had the same amount of time to spend on this bbs like I did 15 yrs ago...I would make you my b****...you have the biggest agendas on this bbs, unlike anyone else. blahblahblah....boringboringboring.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

never quit on your team otherwise you are not a real supporter

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I wouldn't say I quit on them ....

But I chose to dvr the game instead of watching live, and then never watched it as I couldn't help myself and checked the score and saw it as I had assumed...

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Title is misleading. OP asked who quit watching the blowout that was the 4th game.

In a nutshell you can always come back in the offseason and once new season starts.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Clippers have been better than the current Rockets even when they exited the playoffs the last couple season if you look at their regular season point differential. They were ranked 3rd, 2nd and 2nd in the last 3 seasons, even with some significant time lost to injuries. The Rockets are ranked 7th this season. As such, the Clippers have had the stronger "stay the course" argument than the current Rockets have.

Moreover, Blake Griffin was 22 and DeAndre Jordan was 23 when 26-year-old Chris Paul joined that team. This make for a stronger stay-the-course argument than the Rockets have with all the miles that Dwight Howard has logged and the accompanying risks for injury and decline.

This Rockets team need to become substantially better to actually become a title contender. Perhaps it would happen internally along with some medium/small sized changes. But is there a young Griffin/Jordan on the roster?

1 person likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between quitting on your team and knowing your team simply doesn't stand a chance.

We are a rabbit facing a will rabid pack of wolves - in an open field with no place to hide.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw 2 championships!!:p

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was clear after a potential Spurs death, the West is wide open for the taking....

Clips, Memphis were all lining up to do that for years

GSW was a surprise I must admit but they have yet to get out of the West, the Rox are up and coming but not playing well enough.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I watched every second and I regret nothing!

That's my freakin team!

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

...moving screen by Deandre, but hey...meh.

12. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

There are games where I threaten to give up on the Rockets, but I can't. For one, I'm too stubborn - I will keep watching until I see them win a championship. I also love basketball (and many other sports as well), and I know that you don't always win. Some posters have accused our guys of not putting in the effort. If that's true, they will lose a lot of my respect. But that doesn't mean they can't regain it. Finally, it's just more fun to have faith in the team, even if they let me down a lot.

Will the Rockets win tonight against the Clippers? Maybe not, but I will be rooting for them until the end. One day, Clutch City will rise again.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Wow, some of you are worse than the Lin Only Fans...seriously. Go for a long walk off a short pier, & take your rotten stinking attitudes with you.

'Let's quit on this team, Trade Harden, Dwight has given up, Fire McHale...Blah...Blah...Blah'

This is our team...if you don't like it, go buy a Curry jersey before the bandwagon is full & you have to settle for being a LeBronie...or better still, go buy some skinny jeans & a handbag so you can support Pretty Boy Parsons in Punksville.

I laugh at all of y'all who call Dwight soft, yet when our team has its backs against the wall, instead of coming out in support, y'all run your mouth like whiny little punks...

'Talking Aloud & Sayin' Nothing...' -GB

14. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

i'm so disappointed and hurt, i have stuck up for this team with all the haters and they're all laughing in my face. it's sickening how bad we have been. I'll still watch each and every minute but it makes me miserable

15. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

This is exactly what's wrong with fandom, why even argue amongst each other about good fandom or trying to make others feel bad for not watching a good or saying they do not have a chance. Instead, we should focus on the team who has openly QUIT! It's one thing to feel the Clippers are the better team (not true, but with McHale as your coach and simple offense I get it), but to just lay down and surrender, not even talking to each other, motivating each other, getting angry or anything. The Rockets quit, nobody can deny that, so don't be judgemental towards fans who are realistic and give up on the Rockets like they have on the city, the fans, the organisation and players on the coaches. The coaches have also not shown the fire like Rudy T and Mr. Mean used to show.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Great thread to see who should be banned. I will support this team no matter what. I went through the Francis years, and following that the 14th pick years.... I will never desert this team.

This team si still going in the right direction, yes I prefer a different coach, but I do believe in what Morey is doing.

17. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

GTFOOHWTS!

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

quit is a strong word but for the sake of this thread the correct answer is they quit.

stand still offense = obvious. switch defense where rockets guards are on blake/dj = obvious. constantly missing good/open shots = obvious.

from the coaches to the players, the team is playing with their heads up their asses. they didnt quit, they just went full r****d.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good post. And even with a better, younger core than the Rockets, the Clippers still had enough sense to fire Del Negro because they knew they weren't going anywhere with him as coach. I agree the Rockets can't stay the course with this current squad and expect to legitimately compete for a championship. They have been getting exposed majorly the last couple of playoffs and it starts with lack of leadership. Personnel definitely needs to be tweaked as well but this team needs a stronger coach/leader. A better coached team would not be looking this lost and heartless.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

They got rid of a pathetic coach Vinny Del Negro (who is probably better than McHale) and hired a real coach. That was a radical change.

Don't forget VDN got the Clips to 50+ wins but then failed regularly come the playoffs. No one took them seriously until Doc arrived.