1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who plays 3 tho?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

ITS GONNA BE GREEN AFTER MOREY TAKES KPJ AND PICKS FOR HARDEN

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

If Rox signs Lopez, Sengun&Lopez combo might play versatile 4-5, Sengun 5 at offense and 4 at defense, Lopez vice versa In that case Jabari might be moved to 3, a mismatch 3, similar to young Pau Gasol of Barcelona or Gregor F u c k a,

Or Sengun,Jabari,Lopez might play 32 minutes each at 4-5 and Garuba might play the remaining 12 minutes.

In any case Rox will sign a big and Garuba has to learn to play at 4. Otherwise there is no future for Usman as a 6'8" center in NBA.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If Lopez and FVV are starting and leading the defense, I'm good with Tari and a backup like Justin Holiday.

If no Lopez (i.e. Sengun starting) then give me Grant Williams. If no Grant Williams then we stand pat and patiently wait to upgrade via trade.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Go big with Jabari if Lopez comes. If not, then Tari / Martin Jr if still here.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

If no Dillon Brooks, I think this lineup will be interesting:
    FVV
    Whitmore
    Eason
    Smith Jr.
    Sengun

These are all high-intensity players.
    Whitmore/Eason/FVV are elite in steals.
    Whitmore is a finisher and a hard-cutter, good target for Sengun.
    If Smith/Eason/Whitmore can get their 3pt % up it will be an interesting two-way squad.

Green and KPJ are both tantalizing, but been lacking in intensity and focus.

6. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

This is what I would like to see them do. He’s probably the best catch & shoot guy on the team.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Grant Williams should definitely be the target and would be the starting sf right away, but there would be plenty of mins for Tari off the bench at 3 and small ball 4.

Mathloom likes this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Talent wise, yes he can. He just has a very short leash for me because of his past character and attitude concerns. The young Rockets are still very impressionable and need to be surrounded with players possessing good habits.

saleem likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If we do pivot the FVV deal to sign and trade (maybe we haven’t got official details yet), we could possibly be trying to feel the rest of our cap room with OG who, of course, would be our starting SF. I don’t know the rules on extending him after we trade for him. I wonder what it would take to get him thrown into the deal with Tate, KJM, and maybe even KPJ going back.

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Alpha is starting. This is his team now