1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who pissed off Olajuwon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q2yFjDng_Ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

go to 8:28... some dude pisses him off and he brushes his hand off of his shoulder.. anybody know what this was about?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He didn't seem too pissed off. Looks like just a random fan.

3. ThaShark316_28

He was trying to bask in the moment, I'd say.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Probably Tinman

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Tinman was on his knees in front of Maxwell showing his appreciation.

1 person likes this.
  6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Just throwing this out there... Did anyone notice that none of the Knicks congratulated any of the Rockets players after the game?

I bet nobody made a huge deal outta that like they do today!

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That must have been a penetrating moment!

;-D-

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

When they start playing like they did in the 90's they can start acting that way. In this current era to do what Lebron does is just to punk out. Even MJ gave his opponents credit.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I bet Maxwell gave him a mouthful!

;)

2 people like this.
  10. Damion Laverne

It was probably DD. :grin:

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Guy was being all excited/rough and Hakeem was trying to bask.. Didn't really brush him off as much as just keep him from pulling his neck..

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Sh!ty excuse! You can't decide what's okay and what's not okay based off your own opinion about someone and that's exactly what people do with LeBron!

It's just the usual double standerd that LeBron haters have!

1 person likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

DD is the complete opposite of black and skinny.
    So... :grin:

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nor do I idolize professional athletes.

DD

15. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

that guy in the video is the black DD

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

:rolleyes: You sound like a bitter old man...

17. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the losing team sticks around and congratulate the winning team, because they are normally trying to get out of the fans and media way as they storm the court. I even heard a couple of legends say they went into the locker room afterwards to congratulate the winning players.<P> That is the case for the Finals, but you should not have that problem in the 1st or 2nd rounds of the playoffs. No Excuse

18. dshay7

dshay7 Member

In Hakeem's autobiography, he talks about the end of that game 7 and what a surreal moment it was. It was such a culmination of not just his career, and not even just the Rockets...but a release for the entire city of Houston. He goes on to say how he just wanted to soak in the moment and take in how everyone was celebrating.

Hakeem was never one for excessive celebration, at least not in his mid to latter years. So I think that "push off" of that guy was just him trying to get a moment's peace and take it all in. If anyone deserved some time to sit and contemplate, it was for sure him.

I also seem to remember on the Clutch City championship video, at the very end, some of the Rockets players and Knicks players giving each other props. Hakeem hugs Patrick and as he's walking away is searching for something to say....."Maybe next year". I really think Hakeem meant it sincerely, but you could tell on Ewing's face, he was like "man, did you really just say that?" It was great!