1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who likes to play cards?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pistol Pete, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which is it? First the e-mail didn't exist and you were wrong about that and now you are saying that I said it was 100% true. I said take it for what it's worth when I posted the e-mail. Afterward I raised the possibility that the Army might want to cover that up.

Changing the subject pretty much means you know you were getting punked on this thread.

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Why do you hate our Army?

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It's a conspiracy, I know. :rolleyes:

Obviously. You know, it's eerily familiar to how mccain supporters continually change the subject to the latest obama gossip, instead of *gasp* actually talking about the virtues of their own candidate.

good bye!

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Obama played the race card, pure and simple. It's obvious to the neutral observers among us. Why else would he not look like other Presidents on dollar bills? Age is a pathetic excuse/rationalization for his comment. It was a race-driven comment.

You know it's been a bad week for a candidate when he lets his guard down like that and reveals his true feelings. The onslaught has just begun, friends. Those of you with thin skin had better buckle up. Our nation simply deserves better than Obama. And thank heavens that the Republicans aren't standing idly by and allowing him to be coronated King of the World. He's just simply not qualified for the job.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

:rolleyes:

6. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

1. McCain's camp legitmately calls out Odrama for the using the "race card."
    2. I post it here
    3. I destroy the statement that someone of Odrama's age wasn't already on the US currency
    4. You try to change the point
    5. I tell you it was still a lame excuse to cover up what Odrama's real intention was.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

What does that have to do with you hating America?

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My goodness, people. It is painfully obvious that when Obama said he didn't look like the guys on the dollar bills, he was referring primarily to his race. It is blinded partisanship to hold out a possibility that he meant otherwise. Because of our screwed up approach to soundbite politics, Obama of course must deny it. And McCain must feign offense. And all the armchair political hacks must weigh in on the skirmish.

What Obama said is true. People have and will continue to dissuade voters from Obama by stirring up fears about his being black with muslim heritage. TJ and Basso and others do it here everyday. It has not come directly from the McCain office yet, I don't think, so Obama may have overstated his case -- but not by a lot.

9. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I had a loved one in Iraq for 4 years. I do not hate the Army. The Army is no different than many goverment agencies, they don't always present all the facts. The Army does not need to be involved in politics and I support that.

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Obama smeared McCain. He smeared him. He smeared an American Patriot by calling him a racist. That is an outrage and an insult. Talk about the low road.

Obama should apologize and gracefully bow out of the process, thereby allowing Hillary to represent the Democratic Party in November.

11. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

12. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

You do know the Army has had a coverup before, right? I never said it was definitely a coverup,

Umm..it's not gossip. Obama said it and got called out for it. In typical fashion, Obama gave a really weak excuse.

Thank you.

#52 Pistol Pete, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  13. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

You have me confused with Pastor Wright and his sermon loving buddy, Obama.

14. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Are you trying to prove my point now? The guy doesn't look that old there. The photo looks old. LOL

15. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Agreed. It goes back to my question as to why Obama doesn't know better than to make statements like that. He should know better.

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

He wasn't in office there.

Do you know anything about Grant?

17. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Then why did you post the photo? Do you know anything about making your point?

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I guess I'm glad you agree with me. But, you forgot to quote the part where I said Obama was right that people would attack him for his race. Somehow, I don't call it a race card when the statement is true.

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

The photograph is from 1964. When did he become president? What did I say about him aging quickly while in office (and gaining weight)?

You should take an interest in your country's history.

20. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

1864*

Very angry right now...

Very angry...

Spitting angry...