1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who likes the proposed Knicks trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 15, 2010.

?

She-Mac/Dorsey/Cook for J. Hill/Jeffries/A. Harrington or L. Hughes + Draft Picks

1. In DM we believe

495 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. What the hell are you doing, DM?

164 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Not so fast, while our PFs are great in this year, Luis might be leaving in the summer. I won't mind to have some insurance at the PF position.

Hill is a rookie who has something like 22 PER.

2. noairer

noairer Member

I think what you said make sense, but I still have some doubts
    Those samaller assets like Jared Jeffries,Jordan Hill may be even smaller after some time, look at their stats,if they can't put good numbers in carppy temm as NY why you think they well do better in Houston.They may not even be in the rotation.
    And of course I trust DM after seeing what he has done for Houston, so I will wait to see what deal he will make in the next few days.

3. Chamillionaire

this is the best we can get for mac, getting hill and the picks is the deal breaker. we need youth, a few more players that can play 30+, hill and the picks definitely give us that. we won't win this year nor next with the players, but we'll be competitive. hopefully we can turn a few young studs into an all-star caliber player, and yao can come back healthy and we'll be in the hunt for the championship again.

this deal hasn't gone through, if we're not getting picks and hill, i wouldn't consider doing this, i'd rather just let his contract expire.

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Jeffries supposedly has a 3M trade kicker in his contract. If true he costs the Rox more LT and cap space. I watch Jordan Hill a lot and he is about 65pct the player Scola and Landry are, he has been described as a project by the Knicks. No back to the basket post game, looks lost on the floor at times. He does have a mid-range jumper like Landry and there are reports that he works hard. I would say he is at least a year away from
    contributing.

As far as the deal, aside from the future picks. It's not a bad deal to help the team immediately, a combination of Harrington and Jeffries will help a lot more than a recovering TMac. The picks are gravy, the only downside is the Rox will probably not be a factor in FA this off season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/02/11/2010-02-11_big_mac_attack.html

5. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

I thought I read somewhere that the Wizards still have interest in Jared Jeffries. Would be nice to include Washington in this trade, and send Jeffries there and get Mike Miller in return. We do need a reliable shooter, and Miller and Brooks in the back court would be a nice 3pt duo.