1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who likes the proposed Knicks trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 15, 2010.

?

She-Mac/Dorsey/Cook for J. Hill/Jeffries/A. Harrington or L. Hughes + Draft Picks

1. In DM we believe

495 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. What the hell are you doing, DM?

164 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fantastic trade if it happens... DM is a god...

2. ebu

ebu Member

i underestimated AL HARRINGTON...i just looked up his number and he's having a really good season...he's had a couple of 40 point games also...

I was a bit hesitant on this trade but after seeing harrington's number's i like this trade...i hope he is included in the trade rather than hughes

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I dont like this trade. WTF why didn't we just let t-mac play the last 2 months so his trade value would increase.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Because it would have decreased his value, dude...

5. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

the knicks have nothing that we want. either let him play or expire.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cause Daryl Morey exiled his ass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

If we trade with NY, we'll shed 4-5 million off our payroll this year, but will only have 10-11 million expiring vs Tmacs 23 million.

So the positives are less payroll (under LT?), Jordan Hill?, NY first round pick in 2011?

The only negative is we eat Jeffries contract next year at almost 7 million? and less money to spend on free agents this summer.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Do they have a bag of potato chips?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So we take a bad contract for jordan hill? We from iggy or caron to jordan hill what a letdown.

10. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

We might get Harrington or Huges...Jefferies and Hill?
    No Kidding. Wow. I don't know if we can handle that awesomeness. :(
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWabCac8uCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWabCac8uCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We can't get ny's no1 pick in 2011.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I'm just trying to break down the +/- of the trade. I guess it's the 2012 pick? If NY signs two max or near max contracts this off season...won't the 2012 pick be in the late teen or high 20's?

13. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Someone's gotta photoshop Brando's face for Morey's then stick T-macs on all the others lol.

14. noairer

noairer Member

i dont like the trade.
    whats the point of getting so many role players as we already have great supporting cast.What we need is a star who can creat his own shot if he can be a playmaker that will be a plus.
    No big name no trade I think

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Because you can't do everything at once.

That's one of the things that I think defines Morey. Absent of lottery picks, he's been slowly acquiring smaller assets through good drafting and tradiing. Down the road, if things continue in this direction, he will quite possibly be able to trade multiple smaller assets to get a bigger asset.

He's also not thinking like the average CF poster who is impatient wanting every deal to be high profile and earth shattering. He could probably go out and find some washed up stars like Iverson to appease the masses but instead, he sticks to his guns and does what he knows is best for this franchise in the long run.

In Morey We Trust.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Plus rep, YES...

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

If DM gets this trade down, and then gets ANOTHER trade down to get rid of some of our post-pile ups, he would be amazing.

18. Chamillionaire

i like the fact that we're getting HIll and hopefully Harrington. they can both play. i don't like us having to take on Jeffries but getting a few picks negates that.

we're really giving up 3 players who we don't play and getting 2 players who can play. i seriously doubt we play Jeffries.

19. Bipolar Bear

Bipolar Bear Member

I'm not going to call you names, but consider yourself flamed. :grin:
    Both are scoring wing players (we need one BADLY!!!) but Al is just a better one.

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I dont get what is there to like about this trade. We pick up a player at the one position we dont need a player (the power forward) and we kill whatever cap space we would have had this offseason.