1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who likes the proposed Knicks trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 15, 2010.

?

She-Mac/Dorsey/Cook for J. Hill/Jeffries/A. Harrington or L. Hughes + Draft Picks

1. In DM we believe

495 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. What the hell are you doing, DM?

164 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Which 2 guards do you have in mind?

2. vince

vince Member

I hope the Rockets don't trade for the sake of trading.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Me to but looking at the contracts and you take Jeffries out the equation you still have the same results contractually for next season. I'm still looking for a Battier or Ariza trade coming in the next couple days.

4. Seth

Seth Member

I agree if there where a 3 team trade in the works, but i don't like the idea of adding 9 millions to out payroll for next year just for players we don't have room for right now. I don't think NY will give us their picks so i don't see a point.
    We won't be able to sign a player and we won't have good draft picks.
    I prefer to go for a trade like TMac + Picks for Thomas, Salmons and Hinrich of the Bulls.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Guys its the KNICKS, there is not sure thing about them even getting a top tier free agent!, THey are not going to get better overnight. Lebron+ those guys still is not getting out of the east. They need major upgrades.

There pick next year, I would still expect to be lottery, and probably 2012 as well. The picks alone are enough. Jordan Hill is extra.

This is great if we can seal the deal.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

They're gambling with us on this trade and for the 2010 free agency. We're going to be securing our future and our team salary.

Win-Win for us. :cool:

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Good deal. :cool:

8. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

I'm just saying in general. We all know that's our biggest need. I'm not saying do a deal with disregard of our future. I'm just saying it would b nice if there was a second deal that is being setup by this one.

BTW, I know there r pros and cons to all players but a Kevin Martin or Monte Ellis would b very interesting on this team.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'll hold off on voting till we see how we are playing after the trade!

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Flame me all you want, but I'd rather have Larry Hughes over Harrington.

I think he fits what we need more.

What I don't get about this trade, though, is our need for a center.

Is there something else in the works? We lack size big time. Jordan Hill can't get it done right away.

I was really hoping for Brad Miller.

But this will be okay too, if it pans out.

11. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

I just can't believe that after 6 seasons, it's finally over..........I'm really going to miss "Lost".

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I like it a lot.

DD

13. uchlha

uchlha Member

I just don't like Jefferies' ugly contract

14. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

As long as Jeffries is not in the equation then it's ok. You should see what New York Knicks fans think about Jared on their board. It's as bad as the T-mac hate on here. :grin:

15. Seth

Seth Member

I prefer a trade that bring us either a SG or a C. Preferably Both.

16. realmustang

realmustang Member

How about flipping Harrington and one or both 2011 1st round picks (NYs and our own) next year for Kevin Martin? Sacramento is looking for a big man and maybe the draft picks will be enough to convince them to do the trade.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Exactly what do you think we need? Another pretty good defender that can't hit a shot to save his life?

The only need that Larry Hughes fits is that he can be placed into the SG spot. He's not a good SG, in fact, he's a pretty pathetic player overall, but I guess it's really important that we get a guy that we can put into that spot, right?

In my opinion, I would take a Harrington/Landry/Budinger/Lowry bench over Landry/Budinger/Hughes/Lowry bench any day of the week.

18. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'd laugh sohard if the final details was cook and mcgrady for the whole knicks roster.

19. 2rings

2rings Member

I am intrigued but like others have said, will wait to hear the actual details to worry much about it. While I like the concept of getting young talent and likely drafting very high given the Knicks perptual capability to suck, my only concern is that if you assume Yao comes back at or near his old form (granted, a big "if") he will have a certain window. Is this strategy consistent with his window if you assume it takes the young talent 2-3 years to be legit NBA threats?

20. rocketsmetalspd

It is not a bad deal get top lottery pick 8, expiring contract, and first round pick. I would sub Darko for Jefferies though since Darko comes off this season.