1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is your favorite (current) Astro?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by awc713, Aug 28, 2018.

?

favorite current Astro?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2019.
  1. Altuve

23 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Bregman

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Correa

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Kuechel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Springer

8 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Verlander

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. other

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. awc713

awc713 Member

Clearly just a fun/subjective poll. Interested to see how CF votes. I'm assuming some "other" votes are going to trickle in. Who knows, maybe we're in for some "cool story bro" explanations.

Anyways, if I had to choose...I'm rolling with my boy, Jose "GOAT" Altuve. I just can't rationalize not picking Jose. Bregman and Springer are right on the cusp. But Jose, man. What a pro. I can't fault anyone for picking any of the listed players (or even unlisted), but curious to see people's thoughts.

Colt45 likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Altuve and Bregman are keys, but I really like Springer. More of a personality thing. He goes all out, very enthusiastic.

3. Theking

Theking Member

Big homie Yuli

Daddy Long Legs and Mr.Pringles like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bregman. The guy is good and is not afraid to let you know how good he is. His swag is through the roof

Poloshirtbandit and YOLO like this.
  5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Springer with his age probably won’t hit enough HR’s too make it but Astros have three guys with the time too become Hall of Famers in the lineup currently.

Altuve (28) Will surpass 1400+ in hits this season and I’m not ruling out him reaching his fifth straight 200+ hit season. Should be over 300 doubles by the end of next season and 300 steals isn’t far away. Runs and RBI’s look nice too. MVP, 6x All-Star, 4x Silver Slugger, Gold Glove, Aaron, Ruth & Gehrig award winner

Bregman (24) & Correa (23) have already put up nice starts to there careers. Most guys there age are just beginning to sniff the major leagues. Bregman is having an MVP worthy season..the doubles, HR’s, RBI’s, Runs, Walks, etc are all going to shatter all previous career highs.

Correa at 23 already has 80 HR’s, will be over 500+ in hits by the end of the year, 100+ doubles, etc

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I love how nobody votes for showrrea

seemoreroyals likes this.
  7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Showrrea doesn't seem near the offensive player he was even in his rookie season. There is no drive in him like there is in other more productive players. Maybe he is spending too much time in the sack with his new bride. Whatever it is they need to do something about it like drop him down to to 6th or 7th in the lineup. He keeps coming up in critical situations and spends the majority of his at bats with the bat on his shoulder or hitting into double plays.

Frank Drebin and LonghornFan like this.
  8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

All of this right here; especially after seeing "Big Dreams"...there's just no question he's the one. The fact that my daughter has fallen for him helps, too. She also plays second base and is the smallest girl on her team. Her motto on the ball field is "What Would Altuve Do?" So glad they locked him up relatively long term.

awc713 and Houstunna like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nothing wrong with that. All those guys are great in their own right. I just picked Breg bc I'm a fan of his work ethic and drive to be better, who seems to live for those big moments. He's stepped up in a huge way this year with injuries to the other 3 and the astros are still on par (record wise) with where they were last year. Hes been the stros best player this year. now with about a month away, hopefully everyone can start clicking at the right time again to make a repeat run

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He does need to be humbled.

Breg and Tuves are the future in my opinion.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

People just can’t wait to be down on Correa. There is a very odd relationship that fans on here have with him. He’s like the Astros version of James Harden. Carlos is struggling right now and only he really knows how much the back is bothering him or at least how much it’s in his head. He’s clearly overthinking everything. It happens to everybody. But there is zero question that he’ll figure it out.

awc713 and tmactoyao like this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

No love for Osuna? :eek:

Houstunna and tmacfor35 like this.
  13. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Don't expect me to feel sorry for him. He is a grown man and makes millions every year. He is hurting the team right now by not coming through in the clutch. Right now he is not worthy of comparison to Harden. Harden is one of the top 2 or 3 players in the NBA and I don't think I would put Correa in the top 100 players in MLB at least not right now. He has a great arm and all the tools and when he first came up he was supposed to be the 2nd coming of A-Rod. Lately he looks rather complacent at the plate. That has to change or we need to move him down in the lineup so he does not hurt the team at much offensively.

LonghornFan likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's a pervasive bandwagon/front-runner mentality amongst some of the recent high volume posters here... Sure, they may all be diehard fans, but they're way too down on this team when they're either losing or injured... and way too high on guys in the midst of their good streaks.

Baseball is a humbling game all around. No player is as good as their hot streak or as bad as their cold streak. Teams are the same way too.

In the end, they're right where they were last year... with guys coming back healthy, and an improved starting rotation and bullpen. The division opponents did get better... but that's out of this team's control.

awc713, arkoe and tmactoyao like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

this dude just came back from being out with injury. relax.

awc713 likes this.
  16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I will relax once we win the division. I am not buying that he is crappy offensively right now because he is coming back from an injury.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

then that's you. hes missed close to 2 months. if you think he's just going to just flip the switch just like that, you're kidding yourself.

18. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

I voted for Bregman, but McCullers is a pretty close second for me. McCullers competitive spirit is second to none and he has a personality. if he could just sty healthy...

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Charlie Morton

PuzzledFan and awc713 like this.
  20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

correa
    bregman
    tuve
    springer
    yuli

in that order