1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the most overrated Rocket of all-time.........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Feb 28, 2001.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Man I could care less about numbers. PIPPEN IS JUST THE SORRIEST PIECE OF **** TO EVER PUT ON A ROCKETS UNIFORM! [​IMG]

------------------

2. prettyricky

prettyricky Member

AMEN!! Is Portland anybetter because of Pippen? Hell NO!!

I'd like to nominate Eddie Johnson, who never met a shot he didn't like.

------------------
    "Isn't the purpose of the game to put the ball in the basket?"

3. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

no JR, race affects your 'perception of players' probably perception of people as well in your daily life.. truly sick...

JR i think your racial tendencies are obvious ...you say you are not trying to offend anyone but if i were to say anything like what you said (about black people) i probably would be banned from this bbs...

try and downplay it but the message you posted is out their..maybe edit it while you can still maybe save face...

i loved sam cassell's argument that: "As for the race card, that must be why there are so many white players in the NBA today. White NBA fans just don't like watching black guys who can play."

its people like you JR that want their to be a divide that look at everything as because 'he's black or because he is white'

try really hard to make an argument for yourself regarding your 'white' this and 'white' that...as you do so we will continue you to make you out to be even more and more of a f*cking b*tch a$$ racist that you are...

this thread never had anything to do with race yet you had to throw out that comment and you've chosen a scrub player that got hardly any minutes and pretty much was never a factor in sh*t...

the remarks towards white people and your generalization of those sentiments make me sick you are a racist pig you should be banned and frankly i am offended...

you are everything that is wrong with america and people like you are going to ruin my happy life and make this country sh*t...

------------------
    "no matter how good she looks someone... somewhere..is tired of her sh*t"

4. Gascon

Gascon Member

hardwood,

I've heard one too many people call Murphy "the greatest Rocket of them all." I just don't think he deserves that title, certainly not with the Dream around. I mean, he could hit free throws like nobody's business, he had a consistent J, and he could dish, but I mean, I just described Scott Brooks, too.

Gascon

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

5. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Gascon,I was just curious as to your mindset on this one.
    I,of course definitely agree with you on Dream being the greatest Rocket.
    You know,Calvin was a tough,strong player,in addition to the other things you mentioned though.Going back to Niagra,I always found him amazing...and at that height.He was so durable..I loved watching the power dribbles,breaking guys down, and that sweet J....That same toughness would bring him into the lane amongst the trees on many occasion and we usually benefitted...no fear
    Hey, just an aside...His suits have been out of control for a long time now,but, is it me or are they getting even worse??....whew!!... [​IMG]...The other night when he was sporting that shimmering,silver one I thought...How can they let him go on like that?..That Eddie Munster haircut too!!.. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited March 02, 2001).]

6. JR

JR Member

sorry to touch a nerve SirDenial! Feel free to continue sticking your head in the sand and campaigning to get me banned from the board. I'm not calling anyone overtly racist, and I certainly don't think I'm racist. However, I'm not willing to say that race has nothing to do with anything in the NBA or otherwise.

and watch your language! You could get banned for filth like that! Just ask Jimmy Buffett . . .

------------------

7. haven

haven Member

Sirhangover and JR:

Let's not get into a fight about this. Too much resentment comes up too easily. At the same time, the simplest explanation is usually best. If people liked Scott Brooks, thought he was scrappy and smart, it was probably because such was true. Rudy has never demonstrated any signs of racial favoritism on this team. I think his goal is to win, and he's going to play those people who give him the best chance. If Rudy really took race into account, then Bryce Drew would have been playing instead of Moochie Norris last year.

Maybe you saw different games than I did; but I remember Scott Brooks hitting some really clutch 3's, and stopping the other team from making big runs. That's what he was, a player who could change the tempo when Smith was getting beat.

Let's just judge people on their own merits, without taking race into account.

------------------
    Boston College - Big East -East Division Regular Season Champs

Worst to First in 2001!

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Damn, why you whites and blacks have to fight about such a thing as basketball? Everybody know BROWN basketball players are the best! [​IMG]

------------------

9. JR

JR Member

haven, i appreciate your attempt to mediate, and i'm really not trying to call anyone out as a racist for liking scott brooks. i do think that, subconsciously or not, most people take into account race when thinking about just about anything, including what kind of a player so-and-so is. i'm not sure why sirhangover went postal on me or why admitting that people do notice race makes me all that is wrong with this country, but, to each his own.

------------------

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

All you have to do is re-read your previous posts to understand why someone would take offense. Honestly, saying that Brooks was in the league as long as he was because he was white, and also saying that (mostly white) fan base has a tendency to relate to "scrappy overachievers" has no basis for truth. I personally was not offended, but the fact that there is no logic behind those statments was troubling, and could lead someone to believe you had racist tendencies.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

11. Gascon

Gascon Member

LOL, hardwood

I definitely agree about the suits. Truth be told, some of the reason I listed Murphy was because I find him so danged annoying. [​IMG]

Gascon

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.