1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who is the guy on post-game ask cleveland coach if yao is soft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Feb 20, 2008.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

why are there so many people bring out" yao is soft " again

and this time they even asked opponent coach, it just is too crazy!!!

2. tomjc

tomjc Member

Yao had a good month when T-Mac was out , I think he's just tired right now. Should probably rest a bit more and take in more diet.

3. WNBA

WNBA Member

Just stop shooting too many jumpers, Yao will be fine. Soft or not is not important, we need a smart, productive Yao.

unfortunately, Yao loves Yao's jump shooting.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

the bottom line is alot of people think yao is soft....in this city except on this board

5. ekim

ekim Member

You are not going to see a 7`6 300 pound NBA player get swatted 5 times in 1 game... so consider yourself lucky if you watched the game.

And what's wrong with a little criticism? Isn't that what motivates most athletes?

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Dirk is also soft, marshmallowy even, but I never hear anyone address that.

7. snc

snc Member

I address that all the time :cool:

8. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

Dirk is not the biggest player in the league, if you're 7'6 310 lbs and getting blocked 5 times in one game, you're gonna get called out. I don't know if that was more embarrassing or making Okur look like a defensive beast in last year's playoffs.

9. WNBA

WNBA Member

try google "Dirk is soft" and compare it with "Artest is soft".

10. supermagic

supermagic Member

If you really think about it, the popular sentiment that "Yao as a 7'6 guy should not be so easily blocked" is quite superficial. Yao's size naturally limits his leaping ability and quickness and as such makes him more vulnerable to being blocked in a league where 5'7 guys can win the dunk contest. Just like everything else, in this world you gain some and lose some. Guys like Shaq and Howard are the rare exceptions. And maybe if Yao is 5-6 inches shorter, he would be closer to the Shaqs and Howards in terms of athleticism. If anything, Yao deserves admiration for overcoming his physical constraints with finesse plays.

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

Okur didn't look like a defensive beast. He looked like a flopping beast. If that's good defense against Yao Ming, I'll play defense on him. I can fall backwards when Yao puts a little pressure in the post. I can slam my head backwards pretending I got hit in the face. No problem.

12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

yao was too hard going for that dunk last night against the cavs.. that's why he missed it.. should have been more soft and layed it in :p

13. czh

czh Member

WTF??!! Consider yourself unlucky if u didn't attend the first game between Yao and Shaq, coz Shaq got blocked by Yao for 4 times!

So Shaq is soft, according to your stupid reason.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I agree. I've often said that Yao is great despite his size and not because of it.

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What are you talking about? As for criticism, considering it's no longer a criticism but a label it probably becomes more annoying to motivating. When you're having a great year and yet, after one bad game people come out of the woodworks to call you soft, yeah, it kind of becomes annoying.

16. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

:confused:

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yao playoff stats:

25 ppg
    10 rpg

Yeah, he really made Okur look like a defensive beast. :rolleyes: Okur was such a defensive beast that those numbers were slightly higher then his regular season stats.

Seriously, explain how those stats made Okur look like a defensive beast? I'm eager to hear your rationale.

#17 RocksMillenium, Feb 20, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2008