1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the better QB prospect - Vince Young or Matt Leinart?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by IC2000, Nov 28, 2005.

?

Who is the better prospect?

1. Vince Young

131 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Matt Leinart

120 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Top 5 After Today's Games;

1. Vince Young, Texas 168.6
    2. Brian Brohm, Louisville 166.7
    3. Drew Olson, UCLA 165.2
    4. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame 162.9
    5. Matt Leinart, Southern California 158.2

BOOM goes the dynamite!

2. LonghornFan

Yeah, he sure stunk it up in those 2 whole quarters he played. :rolleyes:

3. Major

Major Member

Colorado 41
    Texas A&M 20

A&M must be one terrible team to lose to that sucky Colorado team. Doesn't say much about Reggie McNeal either, given that he sucked against that terrible Colorado team (and his backup did better).

4. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Yea AM sucked terribly this year(who has argued that), reggie mcneal was horrible on defense all year . He was clearly the reason we were 117th against the pass. Even though Radio could not pass against us for some reason. Maybe because Reggie did not play in coverage that game?

Texas 40

AM 29

They nearly lost to an atrocius A&M team, playing with a freshmen RB and QB , so what does that say about texas? Nothing!!! They are clearly a great team.

If you could not see that Colorado had basically quit that game and was a deam man walking (they were handed a bid in this game), then you are blind. Not to take anything away from UT though, they would have killed them regardless.

5. IC2000

He played a nice game. Watch the USC game and then you will be impressed by someone.

6. Major

Major Member

So they quit before the game started? All of Vince's damage was done in the first half. All he did in the 2nd half was hand the ball off. I don't think he threw once.

You make bigtexxx look unbiased. Vince could have the greatest season in college football history and you'd find excuses for it. Pathetic.

7. Major

Major Member

You mean Leinart and his 6-17 for something like 60 yards or so in the first half when the game was competitive? That was definitely very impressive! He was quite good, though, throwing the ball when up by 50 pts - that's some clutch play.

8. IC2000

I said he had a good game! Colorado was not ready to play and did not want to play, but I am not taking anything away from UT or Vince. But it was obvious they did not want to be there.

9. IC2000

I was referring to president bush

10. LonghornFan

I've been impressed with Bush since he set foot on the CFB scene, no doubt. I just don't understand the hatred you have for Young. Is it jealousy or just outright hate?

11. IC2000

I think its anger for

A. He gets a little too much credit ( i hate how everyone pumps him up on tv)
    B. It makes me mad to see what Reggie Mcneal could have done

He is a great College player though.

12. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

You said that he was unimpressive and did nothing great. I don't see anywhere where you said that he had a good game.

Regarding your hatred for VY, I honestly don't think that anyone cares about what you think anymore. Especially when people have repeatedly backed up their arguments with facts and stats. When its all said and done, we're going to Pasadena to play for the national championship and your beloved team won't even be in a bowl game. They had a funny stat that was shown during the COL-UT game today. There are 28 total bowls which means that there will be 56 teams playing in those bowls. That is almost half of the teams in NCAA I-A football. That says something about your program when you can't even get into 1 freaking bowl game.

And finally, in regards to Reggie McNeal and the reason why he doesn't flourish is because of the talent surrounding in comparison to Vince, that's is a bunch of crap. Over the last 2 years while Fran has been at A&M, they have been in the top 15 in recruiting. That means, you guys have had the talent but the coaching is so terrible, they can't develop the players.

I've been watching this thread and the other thread that you constantly bicker on and I just had to speak my peace. In reality, like i said, no one gives a **** about what you think anymore. All I know is come, January 4th, 2006 the Texas Longhorns are going to be playing for a national championship while AggieLand is running to save their pathetic program. I'd be pissed off too if my university (if you can even call it that) lost to their rival 5 years in a row. Enjoy watching the game on Januray 4th, it'll be the only game on in the entire country. I know I will.

Hook 'em

#152 hoang17, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  13. IC2000

I agree 100% with your evaluation of A&M football. The coaching is terrible and they have not made their players better. The team is a disaster. We can't even beat Baylor. Reggie was not put into a position to excel. I will not argue this because i dont think anyone follows or cares about a&M football. People obviously care because they still argue. I wish UT luck , they will need it. Maybe Vince will shine and shut me up.

14. junglerules

junglerules Member

And I'd be EXTRA pissed if my university lost 6 times in a row, like the Ags have done now with Texas!! ;)

Hook 'Em. Glad to see we'll get that #1 vs. #2 matchup everyone was dreaming about. May the best team win.

15. hoang17

See, that's the only problem that I see right here. How hasn't Vince shined this whole year??? I mean, what more could he do than what he's done this year or even his whole career? He, and his team, went undefeated this year. Only 2 teams in the entire nation have done that. He's 150 rushing yards/200 passing yards away from being the ONLY player in NCAA history to pass for 3,000+ and rush for 1000+. He's the unquestioned leader of this team and being 29-2 sure doesn't hurt. Like I said, please explain to me how he hasn't shined...

16. hoang17

hahha, yeah once I thought about it, it was 6 times. Man, i'm getting old... :(

17. IC2000

stop trying to twist everything i say

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Except you did.

Somehow, I find that unlikely. Vince could throw for 800 yards and you'd argue it was because of his open receivers. Vince could run for 400 and it'd be all about his line or the other team wasn't ready to play.

19. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Okay I'm going to have to man up and state that I've changed my mind on Vincent Young.

After watching the "championship" game yesterday Vince has all the tools to be a real star in the NFL. His accuracy is still suspect IMO but it's gotten alot better from what I've seem out of him over the past 2 years. If he can contiune to get better his game will be almost flawless.

I think vince will be a star for the same reason McNabb is those guys just go
    out and compete like every game is a championship.

Now don't get me wrong I still think Leinhart is the better prospect, I'd still vote for Reggie Bush for the heisman and I'm still picking USC to come up on top against UT come January. I'm just saying Vince Young will be a fine NFL player worthy of a top 5 pick. I've joined the Vince Young bandwagon

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you.

Most people aren't sitting here saying Vince is going to have been robbed when Bush wins the Heisman, or that he's going to single handedly obliterate USC. Leinart's a damn good QB (Heisman winner, 1.5 championships), and if you think he's going a better prospect, that's fine too.

You don't go 29-2 at any level by accident. Vince has become very good at making the right reads- he still doesn't make all the throws, but he sure makes enough of them and is still getting better.