1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the better QB prospect - Vince Young or Matt Leinart?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by IC2000, Nov 28, 2005.

?

Who is the better prospect?

1. Vince Young

131 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Matt Leinart

120 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I am tired of this Thread, i will finish by saying he is a great COLLEGE player but so was Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier, Jason White , Kliff Kingsbury etc.... My rant started with all the UT homers always talking about how the texans should pick him (in other threads). My response was directly after I went to the a&M game and was left unimpressed with Vince's throwing motion and ability to hit his receivers. I just see him running for his life all the time in the NFL.

2. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

3. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

The Story of this Thread:

Aggies: Vince Young is a doo-doo head.

Non-Aggies: He's having a decent season comparable to Leinart's.

Aggies: Vince Young can't come to my birthday party. Reggie McNeal is better and Matt Leinart is a better passer.

Non-Aggies: Look at the passer rating and completion percentages and you'll find they're pretty equal.

Aggies: *Fingers in ear* Lalalala...I can't hear you. Vince Young smells like dootie.

Chuck Norris: Roundhouse kicks the **** out of everyone.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

... And you know Leinart isn't just a great college QB... beeeeeeecause?

5. IC2000

Nothing in that paragraph i wrote mentioned leinart. But look at the throws he makes, his mechanics, the way he gets rid of the ball, his record, confidence, his ability to find the open receiver..etc. He looks like he has all the tools, but there is a slim chance he is the next ________ (insert your own bad NFL quarterback that was good in college - Klingler, Akili, Dave Carr, Heath Shuler).

6. IC2000

:rolleyes:

I give credit to other Texas players, it is not about that. I also think Marcus Vick is overrated.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Too bad the BCS was formed to create a more true, deserving national champion by allowing teams from any conference to play each other and to include other factors such as SOS and computer polls to offset the biases in media votes.

You decide which is the more relevant national title - the one decided by a few humans and their biases - or the one that combines human thoughts with certain unbiased elements such as strength of schedule and computer rankings? I'll take the latter - and so would most coaches, given their willingness to play by the BCS rules. And by the latter standards, LSU is the 2003 national champion... period.

8. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I give you facts, which, BTW, took me a fair amount of time to compile, thank you very much, and you give me observations. Well, I went to the Texas Tech-Texas game, and I found Young to be quite impressive. So, ha. What I find amusing is that you take Vince's ONE poor game he's had all season and proclaim that to be his mean performance for the entire season. Uh, your sample size is one. ONE. Statisticians would laugh you out of the room if you went to them with a data set like that.

And, BTW, I didn't go to Texas for undergrad.

9. IC2000

I have watched many of his games including the tech game, he made some decent throws that game. But those guys were open. My observation is that he will not be a good nfl Qb, hopefully i am wrong and he ends up being good. He is fun to watch.

10. Major

Major Member

Except that year, like every other year of the BCS, they changed the formula after they realized their system didn't work and didn't pit the right two teams together. So even the BCS admitted they didn't get the right teams into the game. The BCS doesn't remove human biases - the system is based entirely on an arbitrary formula that humans pick. It didn't do what the humans wanted, so they changed the formula the following year so that under the new formula, USC would have gone.

The coaches didn't even want to vote LSU #1 after those final bowl games. There was a big scandal and some coaches threatened to not do it, etc. No one actually thought LSU was #1 at the end of the day - not the AP voters, not the coaches, and not the public for the most part. The only reason LSU split a national title is that the coaches had no choice but to vote them #1. If anyone had a choice, USC was the #1 in both polls.

There is no national champion in college football, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise. There is an MNC - a mythical national champion - that's determined by the polls. It's how its always been and how it will continue to be until there is a playoff.

11. Major

Major Member

Seems like throwing to the open receiver (there is an open receiver on almost every play) is a good thing for a QB. If he's throwing to the covered guy instead of the open guy, he's a moron.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

David Carr? Come on, he's doing just fine. :p

13. IC2000

you know thats no what i mean, that was taken out of context.

14. IC2000

http://espn.go.com/

scroll down to the poll, not only is leinart on there and not vince young but leinart is winning

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Doug Flutie should be winning that poll.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The fact that Vince Young is only a junior probably has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he was added to this poll.

17. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Barrick Nealy!! Representin Texas State biatches!!

18. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Vince Young

Could be a once in a lifetime thing

Bigger Badder Vick in the NFL

Got to roll the dice

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

IC2000- I really don't want to get back into this thread, but you're honestly contradicting yourself like crazy right now.

For Leinart: his ability to find the open receiver- Aren't you bashing Young for this exact reason?

For Young: I have watched many of his games including the tech game, he made some decent throws that game. But those guys were open.

I have never seen a single person complain about a QB only finding open players, that's their job. While Leinart is obviously the better passer, Young is still a Junior and his passing is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. There is a reason why he is 28-2 as a starter and has completely shattered many of the UT offensive records.

I just don't see how Young has a great chance of being the next bust QB, while Leinart has a slim or no chance at all. Leinart does have all the tools, but a lot of the QB busts had it as well, that's why they were #1 picks or top 5.

20. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

amen to that!