1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Best College QB from Texas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan17wagner, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Texas QB's are lighting up the scoreboards this year. Who do think is the best? McCoy was actually born in New Mexico, but he played high school in Texas.

Houston QB Case Kennum (Abeline): 1,925 passing yards, 19 TD's 5 INT's, 150.15 rating. Keenum leads the nation is passing and total yards.

Missouri QB Chase Daniles (Southlake): 1,412 passing yards, 12 TD's 1 INT, 193.39 rating.

Texas QB Colt McCoy (Tuscola): 1,018 passing yards, 14 TD's 1 INT, 209.71 QB rating.

Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell (Brownwood): 1,573 passing yards, 12 TD's, 3 INT, 153.62 rating.

Rice QB Chase Clement (Alamo Heights): 1,427 passing yards, 14 TD's, 3 INT, 152.47 rating

Kansas QB Todd Ressing (Austin): 1,405 passing yards, 11 TD's 2 INT, 154.37 rating.

Other notables: Robert Griffin (Baylor), Bo Levi Mitchell (SMU) and Jevan Snead (Ole Miss).

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Either Daniels or Harrell, McCoy in a close 3rd

3. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Isn't the Georgia quaterback from Texas as well?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'd probably say it's Chase Daniel from Missouri. That team wouldn't be where they are now without him, but you couldn't say the same for a team like Texas, for example, or Tech for that matter.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Chase Daniel is gangter.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I'd have to disagree with the Tech not changing without Harrell, with all the other QBs that Tech had before still put up the numbers, but not the game performances that Graham Harrell has.

7. flipmode

flipmode Member

my biased self says mccoy.
    my non-biased self says mccoy is tied with daniel.

the "chase daniel" argument works with mccoy even more so, as mccoy leads the team in rushing yards and tds. he IS the offense.

8. Asian Sensation

Not the best yet.... but perhaps in a year or two.....

[​IMG]

Oregon QB Darron Thomas (Houston): I don't know much about him. All I know is that we are lucky to have him. I think he almost went to LSU... thank god he didn't. I love what this kid has shown so far. He has a good arm and accuracy and is very mobile so he can run our spread heavy offense. We had to take off his redshirt 2 weeks ago with all the injuries at QB. and I could tell right away he's going to be a stud. How did he get out of Texas and all the way over here? Not that I'm complaining.

9. yo

yo Contributing Member

McCoy - by far the best combination of feet and arm in that group.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I believe in Colt and I love UT, but I think everyone's going a little overboard. Remember how down everyone was on him last year, with repeated mediocre at-best big game performances? I think the criticism then was excessive, but at the same time, it's premature to label him ahead of or even in Chase Daniel's league for playing the complete garbage teams UT has played thus far. Likewise, anyone critical of Daniel's feet hasn't watched him play on a regular basis. Don't penalize him because he doesn't have to run a lot -- when he needs to, he's very quick.

Chase is definitely the best right now. Colt will be right there with him if he continues this level of play in the Big 12, but he needs a game or two against legitimate competition first.

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

All I know is that Case Keenum has BY FAR the coolest name out of all of those guys. Going by pure talent alone, I would have to go with Chase Daniel by quite a bit over anyone else.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

What? No Stephen McGee? I am uphauled.

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Graham Harrell of course.

Is this really a debate?

14. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Trevor Vittatoe from UTEP and Euless Trinity deserves at least an honorable mention. He had a very good freshman season last year, and after a slow start to this season had a really good game last week against UCF.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Matthew Stafford, the Georgia QB, is also from Dallas, TX...

As far as pro prospect qb's... He probably is the best

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Colt can beat your his legs.

So I'm going with Colt McCoy.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I agree with this. Stafford got NFL measurables and a cannon arm. He plays in a somewhat conservative UGA offense so he doesn't put up numbers. In terms of college QB's, the Big XII guys have been more effective.

18. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Uphauled? Sounds painful.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'll reserve my vote until after the OU/Mizz games.

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Yeah, like McCoy he isn't a Texan, but a transplant. We can add him to the list.